Aarhus University. Aarhus (Dänemark), 04.01.2018
Head of Research at Steno Diabetes Centre Aarhus 954543Do you have the urge and ambition to be in charge of management and development of diabetes research at the newly established Steno Diabetes Centre Aarhus? This can now become a reality when Central Denmark Region establishes the Steno Diabetes Centre Aarhus (SDCA) with a donation from the Novo Nordisk Foundation of 1.4 billion DKK. SDCA will play a central role in increasing efforts in diabetes in both Central Denmark Region, nationally and internationally. SDCA will develop to be one of the world’s leading research environments in clinical diabetes research in collaboration with Aarhus University (AU), the other Steno Diabetes Centres and other Danish and International research environments; in this way SDCA will play a pivotal role in diabetes research focused on new efforts in treatment and prevention. SDCA will be an integrated part of the health effort in Central Denmark Region and initiate a strengthened collaboration between relevant parties in the field of diabetes, in particular regional hospitals, municipalities and general practice. The centre will be located at and organisationally be a part of Aarhus University Hospital (AUH). We offer an exciting job with major responsibilities
The Head of Research at SDCA will have the main responsibility for:
- Developing and implementing the research strategy for SDCA and ensuring that the strategy has an international perspective and stimulates new breakthroughs and world-class diabetes research
- Being in charge of the SDCA research funding of 20 million DKK annually to realise the research strategy and inspire to obtain further external funding of research activities
- Ensuring expansion of the regional, national and international research effort in diabetes preferably in collaboration with AU
- Creating an environment ensuring close collaboration and interaction internally in SDCA as well as a connection to research activities at AUH and the regional hospitals in Central Denmark Region
- Ensuring a high activity level across the research groups in which there are ongoing initiatives to new launch projects and apply for external funds
- Ensuring clear career pathways in research and recruiting of highly qualified researchers. It is expected that SDCA will recruit 3-5 principal investigators and their research groups in the coming 1-2 years
- Ensuring a visible communication strategy for clinical research at SDCA.
We are applying for a Head of Research with a strong ambition to build, develop and run research efforts at SDCA. The position requires:
- A person with a health professional background at high academic level
- Employment as a consultant is possible if the candidate masters oral and written Danish at a satisfactory level. Moreover, the position requires documented competencies in accordance with the seven roles of physicians within the roles of: manager, medical expert, communicator, collaborator, scholar and professional. Table to be filled in can be downloaded at: www.regionmidtjylland.dk/sundhed/organisation/sundhedsplanlægning/lægelig+uddannelse/ansættelse+af+speciallæger
- A person who is professionally respected and an acknowledged researcher internationally
- A person who has considerable insight in and experience with research
- A research background at documented high academic level equivalent to professor level.
- Documented experience with research management - including e.g. running and developing a clinical reserch department in a similar organisation
- A solid international network facilitating establishment of an internationally leading research environment within the field of diabetes, including the ability to attract the best clinicians and researchers
- A person who is fluent in oral and written Danish or one or the other Nordic language as well as fluent in English. Non-Danish speaking applicants must be willing to learn both oral and written Danish.
Job start 1 April 2018, preferably sooner. The Head of Research is employed in Central Denmark Region and place of employment will for the present be at AUH. The employment is a shared position between AUH and Aarhus University. The employment at Aarhus University will be as a professor. Salary is in accordance with current agreement. For medical doctors, employment follows agreement for medical executives. Further information
For further information, please contact the Centre Director Troels Krarup Hansen, phone +45 6167 9616.
- Read more about SDCA at: http://www.rm.dk/api/NewESDHBlock/DownloadFile?agendaPath=%5C%5CRMAPPS0221.onerm.dk%5CCMS01-EXT%5CESDH%20Data%5CRM_Internet%5CDagsordener%5Cregionsraadet%202017%5C23-08-2017%5CAaben_dagsorden&appendixId=174343
- Information about Central Denmark Region at www.regionmidtjylland.dk
- Read more about Aarhus University Hospital at www.auh.dk
- Information about relocation and the Aarhus University Spouse Programme at http://bss.au.dk/forskning/tilbud-til-medfoelgende-aegtefaeller-og-partnere/ og http://ias.au.dk/partner-career-coach-programme/.
Please, enclose CV and other relevant material. The same application including relevant material and CV regarding the professorship must also be forwarded to Aarhus University using the link below. Required qualifications In making the appointment, emphasis will be placed on the extent, quality and originality of the applicant’s body of international scientific publications, including contributions to further developing the subject area in question. Moreover, an assessment will be made of the applicant’s research management abilities. Formalities and references
- Further information on the appointment procedure can be found in the Ministerial Order on the Appointment of Academic Staff at Universities.
- The appointment is in accordance with the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations (Akademikerne).
- Remuneration is in accordance with the above, and the Salary agreement catalogue for staff at Health.
- Further information on qualification requirements and job description can be found in the Memorandum on Job Structure for Academic Staff at Danish Universities (in Danish).
Please apply online here