Full professorship in leadership in the healthcare sector 957037Department of Political Science at Aarhus BSS, Aarhus University invites applications for a full professorship with special focus on research in leadership in healthcare organizations. Job description
The professorship is part of a major investment in scholarship that is relevant for improvements in public leadership, and the new professor will be part of a team that aims to make the public sector better through excellent research, strong leader development and continuous dialogue with practitioners. We are dedicated to excellence in leadership education, application and scholarship, and we are improving public organizations both nationally and internationally through research, teaching and dissemination. We are looking for eminent candidates who can develop our research, education and societal impact. The professorship has been made possible by a substantial donation from the Novo Nordisk Foundation that will allow the professor to hire a research team focused on leadership in healthcare. The professor will be part of the very strong Public Administration section at Department of Political Science, Aarhus University. We collaborate with other disciplines at Aarhus University (Management, Economics, Psychology etc.), with national and international scholars from other universities, and with our colleagues from other sections at the department (for example Comparative Politics, Public Policy and Political Sociology). The position is permanent. Key tasks are research, dissemination and teaching focused on healthcare leadership and management. The professor is expected to participate in seminars, workshops, examination and supervision of students at the department in general and in the Public Administration section in particular. The successful candidate is expected to take up appointment as soon as possible after assessment. Your qualifications Applicants should have a strong academic background and demonstrate significant contributions to developments in the field. The applicant’s potential for undertaking research, teaching and dissemination related to leadership in healthcare is especially important, but we also welcome applicants with a general leadership/management profile combined with an interest in the healthcare sector. The essential qualifications are thus:
- A proven record of outstanding research, as evidenced by a strong international reputation and recognized articles in top international journals.
- A track record of excellence in teaching in leadership, public administration and/or management.
- A clear, well-developed and viable strategy for future outstanding research that will result in further world-leading publications as well as a commitment to innovate teaching and dissemination.
- A track record of good citizenship in the wider academic community combined with commitment to contribute to a vibrant work environment in the whole department.
- Commitment to share insights and knowledge in the public debate, take societal responsibility and prioritize dialogue with practitioners.
- Experience with or commitment to teaching that gives students real-life competences as well as the ability to reflect critically on the world and its problems.
- The ability and willingness to attract external research funding.
The Department of Political Science is one of the six departments at Aarhus BSS and one of the four faculties at Aarhus University. Aarhus BSS unites the business and social science-related research fields and brings them closer together to reflect the close relationship between society and the business community. As part of a Top 100 university Aarhus BSS has achieved the distinguished AASCB, AMBA and Equis accreditations.
At the Department of Political Science, we emphasise a dynamic and flexible research and teaching profile characterised by pluralism and openness. With around 90 academic staff members and 40 PhD students, we offer a lively and ambitious research and teaching environment.
The research carried out at the department not only covers a variety of political science disciplines, but also represents a variety of methodological approaches. This not only enables us to focus on new problem areas as they appear on the national and international political arenas, but also allows us to contribute actively to the development of the discipline. We also emphasise communicating our research results to the political-administrative system and to the public in general. For more information about the Department of Political Science, please visit: http://ps.au.dk/en/ Further information
For further information about the position, please contact: Head of department, Professor Peter Munk Christiansen, phone +45 30115340, email: email@example.com If you need help uploading your application or have any questions about the recruitment process, please contact HR supporter Mette Fisker Præstegaard, Tel.: +45 871 52497, email: firstname.lastname@example.org International applicant? Aarhus University offers a broad variety of services for international researchers and accompanying families, including relocation service and career counselling to expat partners. Please find more information about entering and working in Denmark here and here. Place of work
Department of Political Science, Aarhus BSS, Aarhus University, Bartholins Allé 7, 8000 Aarhus C Terms of employment
The appointment is in accordance with the Memorandum on Job Structure for Academic Staff at Danish Universities as well as the circular on the Collective Agreement for Academics Employed by the State. The job content and qualification requirements are described in further detail in Circular on Terms of Employment for Academic Staff at Universities. Application procedure
It is obligatory to attach the following when you apply for this position:
- Curriculum Vitae. You are encouraged to declare any periods of leave without research activity, including, for example, maternity leave, since your research activities are assessed in relation to your actual research time
- Education (diploma for master’s, PhD and possibly higher doctoral degree)
- List of publications (the enclosed publications must be clearly marked on the list of publications)
- Publications. Up to 10 publications can be included in the application. In the event of several authors the publications must be accompanied by a co-author statement concerning the applicant’s share of the collaborative work with the consent of the co-authors. This form can be used for the purpose
- Teaching portfolio. The specific requirements regarding the documentation can be found here
After the application deadline, an assessment committee is appointed. Please note that the assessment of applicants is based solely on the material received prior to the application deadline. For further information, see Guidelines for Assessment Committee, Aarhus BSS. Read more about Aarhus BSS’ professorship policy here. All interested candidates are encouraged to apply regardless of personal background. Deadline All applications must be made online and received by: 03.04.2018 Please apply online here Aarhus University is an academically diverse and research-intensive university with a strong commitment to high-quality research and education and the development of society nationally and globally. The university offers an inspiring research and teaching environment to its 40,000 students and 8,000 employees, and has an annual budget of EUR 860 million Learn more at www.au.dk/en