Bitte beachten Sie: Diese Stellenanzeige ist nicht mehr aktiv
Hoffmann-La Roche. Basel , 03.01.
Who we are
At Roche, 80,000 people across 150 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we've become one of the world's leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
The headquarters in Basel is one of Roche's largest sites, over 8,000 people from approximately 80 countries work at Roche Basel. Favored by its geographic location in the heart of Europe, the Basel area is one of the most dynamic economic regions in Switzerland − a great place to live and work.
This position seeks to investigate the use of stem cells from various species, with an emphasis on cynomolgus, human and canine, and the application of dervied cell types therefrom for application in drug safety. A strong focus will be on the transfer, set up and implementation of the mechanistic human iPS cardiomyocyte assay (hCAR) using xCELLigence technology as developed at Roche Nutley. Generally, the position requires significant expertise in stem cell handling and hands-on expertise using different types and models available.
The main duties are:
- Maintain and further develop excellence in in vitro techniques for stem cell models in drug safety
- Explore use of cynomolgus-derived stem cells for use in safety assessment of large molecules
- Increase mechanistic knowledge of cardiotoxicity and cardiomyogenesis, set up technology and independently conduct and design hCAR assay and follow-up experiments
- Assess use of new iPS models such as hepatocytes to potentially replace primary cells types used in current assays applied whithin the Section
- Interact with investigative toxicologists and TPLs regarding investigative toxicology issue resolution studies
- Interpret, report, and present findings from investigative studies
Who you are
You're someone who wants to influence your own development. You're looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
Your qualifications are:
- Technician or University Degree
- 3+ years of experience in the following bioanalytical techniques: Flow Cytometry: sorting and analysis, High throughput qPCR: Fluidigm and OpenArray technologies, Induced pluripotent stem cell derivation
- Fluent in English
- PC skills
The next step is yours. Please apply online.
Roche is an Equal Opportunity Employer