Hoffmann-La Roche. Basel , 30.11.
Who we are
At Roche, 80,000 people across 150 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we've become one of the world's leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
The headquarters in Basel is one of Roche's largest sites, over 8,000 people from approximately 80 countries work at Roche Basel. Favored by its geographic location in the heart of Europe, the Basel area is one of the most dynamic economic regions in Switzerland − a great place to live and work.
We offer a position in the small-molecule bioanalytical section of the non-clinical safety department at Roche Pharma Research, Basel. Our task is to provide analytical expertise and practical support for the development of new bioanalytical assays and the conduct of non-clinical and clinical studies. You will report to the Section Head, Small Molecules Bioanalytics.
- You will supervise and lead a group of 2-6 bioanalytical scientists in developing, validating and using highly sensitive and specific bioanalytical methods to quantify drugs and metabolites in biological matrix
- You will develop new technologies to support bioanalysis for drug development, and keep abreast with current developments in bioanalysis
- You will manage the development and validation of specific and sensitive bioanalytical methods required for the development compound (drug) and metabolites in the given project, and will ensure high quality and timely performance for the analysis of samples from preclinical, tox and clinical studies analyzed in-house
- You will support clinical/tox/DMPK project leaders in performance of BA work for their projects
- The focus of the position will be to trouble-shoot bioanalytical methods and projects and provide and implement advice for improvements, to lead the development of new technologies to increase efficiency and to meet with the increasing demands of assay sensitivity and specificity
- You will ensure full compliance with the current global and local bioanalytical guidance, GxPs and safety regulations, and will remain current and continually develop expertise in bioanalytical science
- You will guide and manage the bioanalysis performed in the labs, and ensure that most advanced and efficient procedures are used
- You will review and write reports reports for regulatory submissions; support filings and help answering any questions coming from the regulatory agencies, and manage full bioanalytical support for assigned multiple projects by providing support to internal project teams and directing bioanalytical work at CROs
Who you are
You're someone who wants to influence your own development. You're looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
We are looking for a person with a doctorate degree (i.e., PhD) or equivalent with strong background in analytical chemistry and at least 5-7 years of experience in a Bioanalytical or DMPK department of a Pharma company.
- You have strong people skills and leadership, ability to manage people, demonstrated experience in the area of bioanalytics including experience with developing quantitative LC-MS assays and performing high quality work under regulatory compliance, (GXP) and scientific quality, optimal use of resources, sound practical knowledge of the use of LC-MS (Sciex and Thermo triple-quadrupole instruments) and of the regulatory environment specific to bioanalytical work, excellent communication skills and ability to work in a matrix organization
- A very good command of written and spoken English is mandatory, and German is a plus
- You are self-motivated, able to work independently in a matrix organization, well organized, a team player, and able to focus, prioritize, and communicate; you have sense of responsibility and attention to details
- Experience in the field of LC-MS of peptides/proteins will be a plus
The next step is yours. Please apply online.
Roche is an Equal Opportunity Employer