F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd. Basel, 21.02.
Aber schauen Sie doch einmal bei unseren aktuellen Stellenangeboten. Oder erstellen Sie Ihr persönliches Suchprofil für den ZEIT-Stellenmarkt und erhalten Sie einmal wöchentlich die zu Ihrer Suche passenden Stellenangebote per E-Mail.
Who we are
At Roche, 80,000 people across 150 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we've become one of the world's leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
The headquarters in Basel is one of Roche's largest sites, over 8,000 people from approximately 80 countries work at Roche Basel. Favored by its geographic location in the heart of Europe, the Basel area is one of the most dynamic economic regions in Switzerland − a great place to live and work.
The Cheminformatics and Statistics group in Pharma Research and Early Development Informatics, located in Basel, is an integral component of interdisciplinary project teams with the task to support the drug discovery process by providing innovative tools and solutions in data analysis and prediction making.
- We are looking for a research scientist with expertise in the development, application and operational support of algorithms and software for data mining and visualization.
- The position comprises both maintaining our state-of-the-art computational tools as well as reengineering existing and implementing novel workflow- and decision analysis tools for complex data landscapes, particularly in the area of library design and screening and integration of physicochemical and biological data to support our medicinal chemistry programs.
Who you are
You're someone who wants to influence your own development. You're looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
- You have a PhD in Chemistry or Biochemistry with relevant experience and/or qualification in Cheminformatics; or a PhD in Cheminformatics or Computational Chemistry with a strong background in Medicinal Chemistry and Biochemistry.
- You are an expert in methods/software development for scientific data-mining and visualization with knowledge of object-oriented programming and scripting languages, plus implementation of web applications and workflow tools such as PipelinePilot.
- In addition, you are acquainted with the manipulation of molecular structures and graphs, sequence analysis techniques and common cheminformatics workflows.
- Experience with lab automation, SQL, database design and multivariate data analyses would be an additional asset.
- You have excellent communication skills and enjoy team work.
- You like to focus on your work in a client-oriented environment, you are detail- and result-oriented and love to see your results implemented.
- You are an efficient communicator in English, German is a plus.
The next step is yours. Please apply online.
Roche is an Equal Opportunity Employer