Hoffmann-La Roche. Basel , 30.11.
Who we are
At Roche, 80,000 people across 150 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we've become one of the world's leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
The headquarters in Basel is one of Roche's largest sites, over 8,000 people from approximately 80 countries work at Roche Basel. Favored by its geographic location in the heart of Europe, the Basel area is one of the most dynamic economic regions in Switzerland − a great place to live and work.
We offer a position in the small-molecule bioanalytical section of the non-clinical safety department at Roche Pharma Research, Basel. Our task is to provide analytical expertise and practical support for the development of new bioanalytical assays and the conduct of non-clinical and clinical studies. You will report to the Section Head, Small Molecules Bioanalytics.
- You will be responsible for bioanalytical work contracted out globally for small molecules, and for the delivery of high quality and timely bioanalytical strategies, data and reports to non-clinical and clinical project teams
- You will interact with CROs for conducting required bioanalytical work and will lead a group of Bioanalytical Managers
- You will also manage the development and validation of specific and sensitive bioanalytical methods required for the development compound (drug), metabolites and any concomitant/interaction compound in the given project, and manage and direct analysis of samples and timelines from preclinical, tox and clinical studies for the project at in-house and CRO labs
- The focus of the position will be to ensure full compliance with the current global and local bioanalytical guidance and GxPs, to remain current and continually develop expertise in bioanalytical science, to guide and manage the bioanalysis at CROs and ensure that most advanced and most efficient procedures are used
- You will review protocols and guide project teams in all aspects of bioanalytical work required for the project, review and write reports for regulatory submissions, support filings and answer any questions coming from the regulatory agencies
- You will manage full bioanalytical support for assigned multiple projects by providing support to internal project teams and directing bioanalytical work at CROs, and will be the main point of contact for the resolution of regulatory issues
Who you are
You're someone who wants to influence your own development. You're looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
We are looking for a person with a doctorate degree (i.e., PhD) or equivalent with strong background in analytical chemistry and at least 10 years of experience in supervising PhDs in a Bioanalytical or DMPK department of a Pharma company.
- You have strong people skills and leadership, ability to manage people with different cultures and nationalities, demonstrated experience in the area of bioanalytics including compliance and scientific quality, optimal use of resources, CRO monitoring and functional interface, excellent communication skills and ability to work in a matrix organization
- A very good command of written and spoken English is mandatory
- You are self-motivated, able to work independently in a matrix organization, well organized, a team player, and able to focus, prioritize, and communicate; you have sense of responsibility, ability to represent function and provide leadership in a multidisciplinary project team, attention to details, and interest in continuing improvements
- You have experience in development of quantitative LC-MS assays for the measurement of drug candidates in a GXP environment and commitment to maintain high quality of delivered data
The next step is yours. Please apply online.
Roche is an Equal Opportunity Employer