Stellenmarkt Ein Angebot aus dem Karriere-Netzwerk von
Bitte beachten Sie: Diese Stellenanzeige ist nicht mehr aktiv
Ähnliche aktuelle StellenangeboteMehr Jobs anzeigen
Institute Director (f/m) for Nuclear Materials Science
Belgian Nuclear Research Centre SCK CEN. Belgien, 01.07.2017
Institute Director for Nuclear Materials Science (m/f)Reference: 313
Expert group: Nuclear Materials Science
The Institute for Nuclear Materials Science (NMS) develops and tests applications and materials for current and future nuclear systems and conducts research of an experimental scientific, technological and industrial nature in order to ensure that these are safe to use. The types of material involved mainly take the form of metallic steels used in structural elements, metallic fissile materials (Al-based U dispersion fissile materials) and ceramic oxide fissile materials (U, Pu and Th oxides). The Institute also specialises in the study of liquid metals in the context of a new reactor, such as MYRRHA. For that purpose, the Institute possesses the BR2, a materials testing reactor that enables irradiation to be carried out for test purposes. It also makes use of hot laboratories in order to subject materials to post-irradiation examinations. In that regard, the physical, mechanical, radio-chemical, chemical and µ-structural properties of the materials are analysed in relation to the radiation and environmental load placed upon them. The reactor and the hot laboratories are also used intensively for the development and production of industrial, and especially medical, radioisotopes, as well as for the nuclear doping of silicon for the production of semiconductors for use in high-capacity applications. Finally, the radiochemical laboratory is responsible for carrying out the radio-chemical and chemical analyses and the chemical processing of substances during the production phase, usage phase and waste phase. The Institute employs a total of 195 people.
The Director of the Institute for Nuclear Materials Science (NMS) is responsible for the management of the Institute and for bringing about the coherent, strategic expansion of the Institute on a national and international level, and for representing the Institute in its relationships with scientific partners and industrial clients.
The Director of the Institute for Nuclear Materials Science (NMS) will have the following responsibilities: he/she
- will take part in the general management of SCK-CEN, i.e. participates in the Management Committee and will implement the decisions assigned to him/her. He/she will also promote opportunities for collaboration with other Institutes of SCK-CEN;
- will be responsible for carrying out the everyday management of the Institute for Nuclear Materials Science (NMS);
- will ensure the realisation of the policy guideline and strategy specifically established on behalf of the NMS Institute, in a national and international context;
- will draw up the budget of the Institute and will ensure that the staff and the resources of the Institute are managed in an efficient manner;
- will encourage and monitor the research being conducted within the Institute, in addition to the priority projects of the Institute;
- will bear ultimate responsibility for the quality, safety, security and environmental management of the Institute and its nuclear infrastructure;
- will promote the scientific, social and financial valorisation of the services and research activities performed by the Institute, and will be supported in this by the Business Unit BD&S;
- will represent the Institute in its dealings with scientific partners and industrial clients.
- An academic degree issued by a university, preferably a PhD in sciences or applied sciences;
- A broad knowledge of the areas of research of the Institute and at least 5 years experience in one or more of the specialist scientific/technical activities carried out by the Institute;
- The necessary financial experience to manage relevant administrative tasks;
- Good communications skills in Dutch, French and English;
- The necessary managerial and organisational abilities.
Should you have any questions, please contact Véronique Verbruggen, +32 (0)14 33 25 79