Bitte beachten Sie: Diese Stellenanzeige ist nicht mehr aktiv
New York University (NYU). Berlin, 19.05.2011
Position Title: Academic Coordinator
New York University (NYU), with 50,000 students the largest private university in the U.S., is
currently searching for a full-time Academic Coordinator for its study abroad site in Berlin.
NYU Berlin enrolls between 60-80 students of diverse academic backgrounds every semester, and offers courses in cultural studies, sociology, politics, studio art, art history, and environmental studies with a particular focus on issues related to Germany and Europe. All students also take part in German language course work.
The Academic Coordinator directly assists the Director in the delivery of high-quality academic programs, and is responsible for managing the provisions of student and faculty services. The Academic Coordinator will serve as the principal liaison between the Office of Global Programs in New York and the NYU Berlin program on all academic administration matters.
- Maintain and coordinate the academic calendar and program agenda for NYU Berlin.
- Manage all scheduling of courses in collaboration with the Language Coordinator.
- Ensure compliance with NYU in New York academic policies and procedures.
- Provide academic advisement regarding student registration, drop/add, prerequisite courses, etc.
- Coordination and maintenance of exam schedule, class rosters and other records.
- Manage all co-curricular excursions and activities.
- Record keeping of all grades / student registration at the HU / student visa documentation.
- Regular communication with the relevant offices in New York and Berlin regarding program updates, course offerings, and academic policies.
- Communicate and enforce academic attendance policies.
- Compile information for academic sections of the student and faculty handbooks.
- Maintain academic sections of NYU Berlin's web page.
- Assist the Student Life staff in all logistical aspects of orientation.
- Coordinate course and program evaluation efforts.
- Manage information for the pre-departure orientation in New York.
- Develop information packets, handouts and web information related to course-related activities.
- Assist the Director in faculty affairs, including visiting faculty from NY.
- Assist the Director with program development initiatives.
- Assist the Director and Faculty in developing, cultivating, and maintaining internship opportunities.
- Assist the Director with all aspects of the Global Liberal Studies program.
This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee in this position. It does not limit the assignment of related duties not mentioned.
Education: Ph.D. (preferably with an international focus)
- At least 2 years prior experience working in higher education administration, preferably in academic planning and advising or study abroad advising.
- Familiarity with the expectations and needs of U.S. university students.
- Study, employment, or residence abroad.
- Ability to relate well to diverse students, faculty, and staff, especially in a team setting.
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Office and other computer applications.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Native-level fluency in English and German.
To apply, please send your C.V. to:
Director, NYU Berlin
Starting Date: July 1, 2011
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Location: NYU Berlin