Stellenmarkt Ein Angebot aus dem Karriere-Netzwerk von
Bitte beachten Sie: Diese Stellenanzeige ist nicht mehr aktiv
Ähnliche aktuelle StellenangeboteMehr Jobs anzeigen
Call for Membership Applications
Berlin-Brandenburg Academy of Sciences and Humanities. Berlin, 16.03.2017
Arab-German Young Academy of Sciences and Humanities
Call for Membership ApplicationsApplication Deadline: 2 April 2017
The Arab-German Young Academy of Sciences and Humanities (AGYA) at the Berlin-Brandenburg Academy of Sciences and Humanities is pleased to announce its Call for Membership 2017.
AGYA promotes research cooperation among outstanding early-career researchers from all disciplines who are affiliated with a research institution in Germany or any Arab country. The academy provides partnership-building opportunities and funding to support the innovative projects of its members in various fields of research as well as in science policy and education. More than 50 members - in equal number Arab and German scholars - have been selected to join AGYA since 2013. They have realized joint projects and initiatives in the framework of six interdisciplinary working groups: Arab and German Education; Common Heritage and Common Challenges; Energy, Water and Environment; Health and Society; Innovation; and Transformation.
- AGYA offers its members a unique opportunity to take an active part in the life of the multidisciplinary academy and supports them to implement their own ideas, visions and creative projects in the framework of Arab-German research cooperation.
- AGYA membership is granted for up to 5 years followed byamembership in a lifelong alumni network of excellent researchers. Furthermore, AGYAconnects itsmemberswith outstanding research institutions in Germany and the Arab countries and facilitates collaboration opportunities. Therefore, AGYA members exclusively benefit from access to an academic network of excellence.
- AGYA provides funding to realize innovative research projects within its working groups and in joint projects between Arab and German members.
- Members meet regularly to discuss, develop and implement joint research initiatives on cutting-edge issues. Travel expenses for AGYA workshops and conferences are covered for all members.
- AGYA offers a range of training opportunities to enhance the academic careers as well as the interdisciplinary and intercultural skills of its members and promotes them as ambassadors of science and culture.
- Successful candidates are expected to have a proven record of research excellence in their field of specialization.
- Candidates with strong potential for academic leadership will be given priority.
- Membership requires active engagement. As AGYA is a working academy, successful candidates are expected to dedicate a significant amount of time to AGYA activities and the funded projects they implement in the framework of the academy.
- Commitment to realizing interdisciplinary research projects in collaboration with AGYA members and other partners is essential.
- Elected members are required to attend the next annual conference of AGYA to be held in Amman, Jordan in the second half of October 2017.
- Early-career researchers from any field of the Life Sciences, Natural Sciences, Humanities, Social Sciences, Technical Sciences and the Arts are eligible to apply.
- Applicants must be affiliated with a university or a research institution in Germany or any Arab country (Algeria, Bahrain, Comoros, Djibouti, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Palestinian Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates and Yemen).
- Applicants should be early-career researchers. At the time of application, the candidate’s doctoral degree has preferably been conferred upon him/her no less than three and no longer than ten years.
- Applicants must have full command of English, the working language of AGYA. No knowledge of German or Arabic is necessary.
Interested applicants are invited to submit the following documents:
- Application form, to be downloaded at: www.agya.info
- CV, including a list of publications
- Letter of motivation
- Two letters of academic references
Deadline: The closing date for the submission of applications is Sunday, 2 April 2017.