Bitte beachten Sie: Diese Stellenanzeige ist nicht mehr aktiv
Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin. Berlin, 06.02.2014
- Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin
- Humboldt Graduate School
- Humboldt Post-Doc Fellowships
- Unter den Linden 6
- 10099 Berlin
Call for proposals for up to six
Humboldt Post-Doc Fellowships
A funding program from Humboldt-Universität´s Institutional Strategy "Bildung durch Wissenschaft – Educating Enquiring Minds"
Starting August 1, 2014 Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin offers up to six fellowships for postdoctoral researchers. The fellowships are funded by the German federal and state governments’ Excellence Initiative and will be awarded for up to 36 months.
The aim of this funding is to attract internationally experienced young researchers from Germany and abroad who are not yet affiliated with the Humboldt-Universität. Humboldt Post-Doc Fellowships are geared towards excellent young researchers with international research experience who have completed an outstanding PhD project. In order to be considered for the fellowship, researchers are required to submit a proposal for a postdoctoral research project of high academic quality and originality. This project will be implemented during their stay at Humboldt-Universität and will give successful applicants the opportunity to extend and refine their academic profile.
Young researchers from all disciplines are invited to submit applications. The proposed project should fit well with the existing research portfolio of Humboldt-Universität.
Candidates will be selected on the basis of their previous academic achievements, their postdoctoral project proposal, and their international network of contacts. Fellowships will be awarded by the University´s Executive Committee, based on the evaluation of the proposals by a selection committee including professors, postdoctoral researchers and PhD candidates from various disciplines. The selection committee may consult outside experts from the respective research fields in the process of preparing its decisions.
Your application should include the following documents:
- a completed application form*
- an academic curriculum vitae in tabular form
- a short overview about the international academic experience
- a list of publications
- copies of certificates (M.A. or equivalent and PhD certificate)
- a description of the postdoctoral project, including main research objectives (max. 5.000 characters)
- one key publication from the last two years (research or review article, lecture, book chapter)
- one letter of recommendation* preferably from your PhD advisor
- one statement* by your prospective host institution at Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin
* The required forms can be downloaded at the website of the Humboldt Graduate School. The letter of recommendation and the statement by the host institution should be sent directly to the Humboldt Graduate School by the closing date for applications.
Applications including the required documents in German or English should be submitted by April 1, 2014 either via the online application portal on the website of the Humboldt Graduate School or in printed version to Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin, Humboldt Graduate School, Humboldt Post-Doc Fellowships, Unter den Linden 6, 10099 Berlin, Germany stating the reference number DR/009/14. Since application material will not be returned, we ask you to send only copies of all documents.
Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin is committed to promoting gender equality in research. One aim of the postdoctoral fellowships is to increase the number of young female researchers at the university. Female candidates are therefore particularly encouraged to apply for the fellowships. Preference will be given to disabled persons with equal qualifications. Applicants with migration background are highly welcome. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
For more information, please visit www.humboldt-graduate-school.de/foerderlinien-der-exzellenzinitiative/humboldt-post-doc-fellowship.
Please visit our website www.hu-berlin.de/stellenangebote, which gives you access to the legally binding German version.