WZB Berlin Social Science Center. Berlin, 03.08.2017
research fellow (post-doc)at the Center for Global Constitutionalism headed by Professor Dr. Mattias Kumm. The position is to be filled full-time (currently 39 weekly hours), preferably starting on Nov. 1, 2017, for the period of three years.
The successful applicant will also be the Managing Editor of Global Constitutionalism, a leading Cambridge University Press Journal in the field.
- research on comparative, European or international constitutional law or the history and theory of constitutionalism within the research program of the Center of Global Constitutionalism
- serving as Managing Editor of Global Constitutionalism - Human Rights, Democracy and the Rule of Law (CUP), esp. managing the online submission process, correspondence with authors, editors, CUP etc.
- excellent Doctoral degree preferably in Law, alternatively in Political Science or Political Philosophy
- background and research orientation in themes related to Global Constitutionalism
- international research experience
- ability to work well independently as well as part of a team
- good time- and self-management
- structured working approach
- good communication skills
Equally well-qualified disabled persons will be given preference.
The WZB expressly invites women and people with an immigrant background to apply.
Candidates are kindly requested to submit an application - in English or German - with a cover letter, CV, list of publications, copies of relevant certificates and two letters of recommendation as well as a one- to three-page outline of their research proposals in electronic format (preferably one pdf only, no more than two pdf files!) by 12th September 2017 to: Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin
für Sozialforschung gGmbH
Reichpietschufer 50, 10785 Berlin