Hertie School of Governance. Berlin, 05.10.2017
The Hertie School of Governance prepares exceptional students for leadership positions in government, business, and civil society. The School also offers experienced professionals the opportunity to deepen their skills in the field of public management. A renowned international faculty with expertise in economics, business, law, political and social science take an interdisciplinary, policy-oriented approach to the School's teaching and research agenda. The Hertie School is an international centre, with a variety of first-rate academic projects and a diverse student body. The School actively engages in public debate with its wide range of events bringing together experts from academia and the world of practice. The School was founded in 2003 as a project of the Hertie Foundation, which remains the major partner. The Hertie School of Governance seeks to fill the following position:
Research Grants Coordinator (m/f)
The post is for an initial 2 years period, with the possibility of extension; starting date as soon as possible.
on a full time basis
- Search for funding opportunities and match them to potential faculty interests
- Help develop grant ideas and proposals and support faculty throughout the admissions process, including budgeting
- Serve as liaison with funding agencies
- Coordinate in-house with finance, legal and HR units
- Work with the various research centers to develop and field research ideas / proposals
- Offer advice and counselling sessions to incoming faculty and post-docs
- Prepare and conduct workshops, as needed, to faculty, postdocs and PhDs respectively
- Direct reporting to the Hertie School Management (President / Dean)
- A PhD in social sciences (e. g. political science, sociology, economics, law)
- Experience in research and project management
- Reliable handling of MS Office applications
- Excellent oral and written command of English and German
- Entrepreneurial thinking to develop innovative ideas and solutions
- Excellent service orientation
- Precise, well-structured, efficient and independent way of working
- Team player
We offer a stimulating international and diverse academic environment. The Hertie School is a vibrant academic community that emphasizes excellence in research and teaching as well as an interdisciplinary perspective. Our school has been certified as family-friendly work environment in higher education and an equal opportunity employer (s. www.hertie-school.org for further information).
The deadline for full consideration is 31th October 2017. Strict confidentiality is assured.