Stellenmarkt Ein Angebot aus dem Karriere-Netzwerk von
Bitte beachten Sie: Diese Stellenanzeige ist nicht mehr aktiv
Ähnliche aktuelle StellenangeboteMehr Jobs anzeigen
Postdoc / Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter (f/m) Analytical Chemistry and Advanced LC-MS Instruments
Universitätsklinikum Carl Gustav Carus Dresden. Dresden, 18.07.2017
The Division of Clinical Neurochemistry (headed by Prof. G. Eisenhofer) within the Institute of Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicine (chair: Prof. T Chavakis) at the Universitätsklinikum Carl Gustav Carus Dresden, Germany, is seeking a
Postdoc / Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter (f/m)LC-MS/MS-Experte / Datenanalyst – Mass Spectrometrist / Data Specialist for M etabolomics The position is available from November or earlier. The appointment is initially for two years with potential extension dependent on demonstrated performance. The research conducted within the division is undertaken within four laboratory units and a clinical research unit, with further collaborative links involving multicenter international consortia. With a number of TQ instruments at hand and acquisition of a new hybrid high resolution mass spectrometer, the Mass Spectrometry Unit is seeking to expand its metabolomics focus through recruitment of a suitably qualified candidate. The successful applicant will be expected to develop and implement untargeted and targeted metabolomics approaches for analyses involving biological specimens from preclinical and clinical studies supported under a strongly funded research program. The Mass Spectrometry Unit is well positioned under wider long-term plans of the University Medical Faculty to establish strengths in fields of metabolism related to a range of clinical disorders and diseases. The incumbent will be expected to take on a leading role in both developing these plans and eventually formulating an independent research program. Your profile:
- Applicants are expected to have a strong background in analytical chemistry and experience with operation of advanced LC-MS instruments, ideally high-resolution instruments suitable for omics-related analyses.
- A mathematical mind and working knowledge and experience with advanced software and bioinformatics tools for analyses of large omics-related datasets are also requirements for this position.
- Applicants should have a PhD or equivalent degree in analytical chemistry, biochemistry or a related field, excellence in written and oral communication and a solid track record of publications.
- Ability to work independently, but also as part of a team and in collaboration with others is essential.
- Arrangement for flexible working hours to find a balance between work and family life
- Using our internal prevention program including courses and fitness in our Carus Vital health center
- Taking part in job-oriented educational course in our Carus Akademie
- Provision for the future in the form of a company pension plan