Bitte beachten Sie: Diese Stellenanzeige ist nicht mehr aktiv
Friedrich-Alexander-University Erlangen-Nürnberg (FAU). Erlangen, 01.12.2016
The Faculty of the Humanities, Social Sciences, and Theology at the Friedrich-Alexander-University Erlangen-Nürnberg (FAU) focuses on interdisciplinary research in the field "knowledge production and interculturality" with special interests in diachronic as well as synchronic processes of knowledge formation. For this research field the FAU seeks two outstanding scholars as
Postdoctoral Fellowsin cultural studies, cultural anthropology, or interdisciplinary cultural theory for
- two one-year employment contracts (1+1 year) with salaries in the range of E 13/14 TV-L, including social security and health insurance as well as pension coverage.
- The main task is the development of a grant proposal for a junior research group (DFG application, ERC Starting Grant or equivalent) within the first year. After the submission of a grant proposal at the end of the first year, the contract may be prolonged for another year.
- The positions offer the possibility to enhance teaching experience (undergraduate and graduate; four hours per week during the semester).
- A yearly travel budget and a monthly contribution to research costs are covered.
- an excellent PhD in the social sciences or the humanities
- no more than a period of three years of research experience since the doctoral degree
- near-native proficiency in English and German
- experience in interdisciplinary and international research contexts.
- a cover letter
- a curriculum vitae
- a research proposal (maximum 3000 words) in the field(s) listed above
- two external letters of reference.
The FAU supports equal employment opportunities; applications from women and members of other underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged.
Applications should be submitted in English by January 20, 2017 to the Dean of the Faculty of the Humanities, Social Sciences, and Theology at the Friedrich-Alexander-University Erlangen-Nürnberg, Prof. Dr. Rainer Trinczek, Hindenburgstr. 34, D-91054 Erlangen.
Inquiries may be addressed to Prof. Dr. Heike Paul, Chair of American Studies, via email to Heike.Paul@fau.de.