Fraunhofer-Institut für Integrierte Schaltungen (IIS). Erlangen, 24.01.2018
RESEARCH ASSOCIATES (F/M)
Ever been told to shut up?
NATURAL LANGUAGE PROCESSING
Show them by teaching computers to speak out loud.
You will develop, implement, evaluate and document user-centered systems for natural language processing. Furthermore, you may integrate, test, and do research on prototypes that you helped develop. You will also communicate and coordinate activities with project partners as well as internal and external stake holders.
- Master’s degree with experience in Computer Science, Computer Linguistics, Human-Computer Interaction
- Expertise in data-driven technologies on natural language understanding (word embedding, intent classifier, slot tagging)
- Know-how in text mining and language processing (knowledge bases, word association mining, ontology learning, opinion mining and sentiment analysis, semantic similarity, etc.)
- Practical experience in programming with Python and C/C++ is a plus
- Background in computer linguistics is a plus
- Collaboration experience, preferably in interdisciplinary teams
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Knowledge of machine learning and deep learning is a plus
- Opportunities to bring your ideas into life and to push frontiers in research and applications of language processing
- Involvement in diverse activities and the chance to assume responsibility within interdisciplinary teams
- An open and friendly work atmosphere
- Flexible hours and access to various services for a proper work-life-balance
- Working in a vibrant research environment
The »Audio and Media Technologies« department develops world-class audio processing technology. Audio and Media Technologies at Fraunhofer IIS is one of the largest organizations in the world for audio and speech processing. Over 200 engineers and scientists develop first-rate audio technology which is sold world-wide, in Europe, USA, China, Korea and Japan. In the past 25 years, Fraunhofer IIS repeatedly won international competitions in the audio and media field: e.g. with mp3 and codecs of the AAC-family. You will be part of the Audio and Media team.
Employment, compensation and social benefits are provided in accordance with the German civil service collective bargaining agreement (TVöD). This position is initially based on a two-year contract, either full-time or part-time.
Equally-qualified applicants with severe handicaps and disabilities will be given preference. The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft places high value on being an equal opportunity employer.
Fraunhofer is Europe’s largest application-oriented research organization. Our research efforts are geared entirely to people’s needs: health, security, communication, energy and the environment. As a result, the work undertaken by our researchers and developers has a significant impact on people’s lives. We are creative. We shape technology. We design products. We improve methods and techniques. We open up new vistas.
Have we piqued your interest? Then please send your application in PDF format, including a cover letter, resume and references, to Claudia Kestler-Böhm ( email@example.com) – stating the reference number IIS-2018-8a.
Additional information is available on our website: