Leibniz-Institut Hessische Stiftung Friedens- und Konfliktforschung. Frankfurt, 14.02.2018
- Leibniz-Institut Hessische Stiftung Friedens- und Konfliktforschung
- Baseler Straße 27-31
- 60329 Frankfurt
The Peace Research Institute Frankfurt is a foundation under public law and part of the Leibniz Association. With over 80 employees, PRIF is currently the largest peace and conflict research institute in Germany.
To broaden its comparative research on violent intrastate conflicts (civil wars), PRIF is seeking to employ as early as possible a
with 100% of working hours on the pay scale for the German public service in the state of Hesse, E 13 TV-H, initially for a period of two years (time limit pursuant to the law on temporary job contracts in science (WissZVG))
• Development of as well as acquisition of third-party funding for a research project in the area of comparative civil war studies which analyses the causes as well as the dynamics of violent intrastate conflicts, taking into account their international and transnational dimensions.
• Support of PRIF’s public relations’ work and policy advice on current armed conflicts.
• Participation in the PRIF committees of self-governance.
The applicant should fulfill the following requirements:
• An above-average PhD in political science, sociology or another relevant discipline
• Research focus on the thematic field relevant for the advertised vacancy
• Good knowledge of qualitative and/or quantitative social-science methodology
• Experience with and/or willingness to carry out field research
• Communication skills with a view to knowledge transfer.
Very good command of English, spoken and written, as well as competent handling of standard office software are prerequisites. Good knowledge of German is desirable.
PRIF is a winner of the Total E-Quality award and is committed to maintaining a work/life balance. The position is full-time, however part-time employment is possible. In the case of equal qualification, applicants with severe disabilities will be given preference.
Please send your application documents including a concept paper of not more than three pages outlining a potential project as well as a work sample as a single PDF document and include the position code 4.2 by March 31, 2018 via e-mail to bewerber(at)hsfk.de. Unfortunately, application expenses cannot be reimbursed.