Bitte beachten Sie: Diese Stellenanzeige ist nicht mehr aktiv
Rijksuniversiteit Groningen. Groningen (Niederlanden), 28.04.2017
Second call - 15 PhD positions in
chemistry, physics, material science
and electrical engineering
- Would you like to be trained in research on the forefront of organic solar cells?
- Are you in the first four years of your research career, or will you graduate in 2017?
- Do you have a background in chemistry, physics, material science or electrical engineering?
- Are you interested in doing your PhD in high profile research institutes across Europe under guidance of renowned supervisors?
ABOUT THE RESEARCHWe aim to bring the performance of organic solar cells forward by taking advantage of the so far unexplored degree of freedom of photogenerated species in organic materials, their spin. As a PhD in our network, you will contribute to the development of several novel routes to enhance the efficiency of organic solar cells by understanding and exploiting the electronic spin interactions. This will allow us to address crucial bottlenecks in state-of-the-art organic solar cells: we will increase their efficiency by reducing the dominant recombination losses and by enhancing the light harvesting and exciton generation, e.g. by means of internal upconversion of excited states. For more information on the available positions, please visit www.sepomo.eu
BENEFITS OF DOING YOUR PHD IN A ITN NETWORKITNs are financially supported by the European Commission because they provide excellent research, training and career aspects. The benefits of being a PhD student in an ITN network:
- You will get the chance to participate in specially developed courses (e.g. on specific techniques, academic soft skills, etc.)
- You can already at a very early stage start building your personal professional network due to the embedding of our PhD projects in an academic/industrial network
- You will be exposed to industry and the challenges in industry already during the PhD, because we also have partners from industry in our network (who also contribute to the training)
- You will get the opportunity to spend some time in the labs of other partners (thereby you will get familiar with other disciplines, techniques, cultures etc.), as the research projects are designed such that they will mostly have interdisciplinary components
- You will be advised by excellent group leaders - they are all outstanding in their research and trainings.
Qualifications, or who can applyThe most important selection criteria are commitment to research and excellence in education, but enthusiasm and team spirit also count. More specifically:
- Your educational background is in the area chemistry, physics, material sciences, electrical engineering or combinations thereof.
- You have completed a European master’s degree or equivalent at the time of recruitment.
- You are in the first four years of your research career and have not yet been awarded with a doctoral degree at the time of recruitment.
- The positions are open to all nationalities. To comply with the European Commission’s mobility rule, you shall not have resided or carried out your main activity (work, studies) in the country of the host organization for more than 12 months in the 3 years prior to the recruitment date.
- You have excellent proficiency in English language.
- Participating host organizations may apply additional criteria.
Working conditions and salaryMarie Sklodowska Curie Actions (MSCA) offer highly competitive and attractive salary and working conditions.
- Selected candidates will have a fulltime employment contract for the duration of 36 months.
- Selected candidates will receive a salary in accordance with the MSCA regulations for early stage researchers. The basic gross salary (living allowance) is € 3.110,- euro per month. A correction factor will be applied per country, therefore the exact gross salary will be confirmed upon appointment. Please consider that the net salary may be 20-30% lower due to taxes, social benefit premiums etc.
- In addition to the living allowance, selected candidates will benefit from a mobility allowance of gross € 600,- per month. Selected candidates who have a family at the time of recruitment qualify for an additional family allowance of gross € 500,- per month.
- Selected candidates will enjoy at least the same standards and working conditions as those applicable to local researchers at the host institution holding a similar position.