Stellenmarkt Ein Angebot aus dem Karriere-Netzwerk von
Hapag-Lloyd endowed Professorship Maritime or Shipping Economics or Logistics (open rank)
Kühne Logistics University Hamburg. Hamburg, 03.08.2017
Hapag-Lloyd endowed Professorship
Maritime or Shipping Economics or Logistics (open rank)
at Kühne Logistics UniversityKühne Logistics University (KLU) in the framework of a collaboration with Hapag-Lloyd seeks to appoint a Professor of Maritime or Shipping Economics or Logistics (open rank, 5 years) based at KLU in Hamburg’s HafenCity. Starting date is on or after January 1, 2018. The position is a full-time professorship with the possibility of being turned into a permanent position.
- Candidates should have a PhD in economics, logistics, management or engineering, with a focus on maritime logistics, liner shipping, container transport, shipping operations or a related field.
- The candidate’s academic fields of interest should be in line with KLU’s Key Competence Areas (Digital Transformation, Creating Value, Sustainability) and concentrate on applied research in innovation (in particular digitalization) and/or strategic topics of the container shipping industry and/or sustainable/green logistics.
- Other academic qualifications might be considered depending on the affinity of the candidate with the position. Suitable candidates will have a research qualification over and above the doctorate.1
- complement the research activity at the KLU with the objective of strengthening the institution’s scientific reputation in this area,
- collaborate further with industry and the Hamburg Maritime Cluster,
- teach in KLU’s study programs as well as develop and give programs in KLU Executive Education,
- acquire third-party funding research projects and build up a strong network within the industry.
Hamburg, July 2017