Stellenmarkt Ein Angebot aus dem Karriere-Netzwerk von
Professorship Aquatic Biogeochemistry
University of Innsbruck. Innsbruck (Österreich), 09.03.2018
The University of Innsbruck invites applications for the position of
AQUATIC BIOGEOCHEMISTRYbased at the Institute of Ecology, Faculty of Biology, Innsbruck, Austria.
The Faculty of Biology of the University of Innsbruck seeks an outstanding scientist in the field of Freshwater Biogeochemistry.
The position will be based on a permanent full-time civil-law employment contract with the University according to the §98 University law 2002.
The main responsability of the selected candidate will be to establish a research program in the area of Aquatic Biogeochemistry. In particular, the position includes the following tasks:
- Representing the area of "Aquatic Biogeochemistry" in research and teaching
- Participating in the University's research focus "Alpine Space – Man and Environment" (https://www.uibk.ac.at/alpinerraum/index.html.en)
- Teaching in the degree programs of the Faculty of Biology
- Supervising research theses
- Acquiring extra-mural funding
- Participating in academic self-governance.
- a pertinent degree in higher education
- a pertinent habilitation or equivalent teaching qualification
- publications in leading international peer-reviewed journals
- track-record in biogeochemistry research of freshwater ecosystems. Here, an innovative research approach that links aquatic and terrestrial biogeochemistry is desirable.
- integration in the international research community
- interdisciplinary research in Aquatic Ecology
- professional work experience abroad
- demonstrated teaching experience and didactic abilities
- experience in acquisition of extra-mural funding
- qualification in leadership and management skills
Applications should include:
- motivation letter,
- curriculum vitae (including ResearcherID, www.researcherid.com/) describing the professional and scientific career,
- full list of publications, lectures and other scientific output as well as pdfs of the five most important publications to be particularly relevant to the advertised professorship together with an explanation of their relevance
- list of talks given, including detailed information about invited plenaries at international conferences
- description of self-acquired funds,
- description of completed and current research (max. 2 pages),
- concept of intended research and teaching (including concepts and preferred methods used).
April 25th, 2018
The basic salary is set down in the collective bargaining agreement for university employees. Professors are in the remuneration group A1. For the position, the gross monthly salary is 5.005,10 Euro (14 times per year). Depending on qualification and experience, a higher salary can be negotiated with the Rector. Beyond that, the university offers attractive additional benefits (http://www.uibk.ac.at/universitaet/zusatzleistungen/).
The University of Innsbruck expects the successful candidate to acquire within three years, sufficient knowledge in German to be able to teach and participate in academic self-governance panels. The full, authoritative text in German (published in the official bulletin of the University of March 7th, 2018) as well as additional information on the current status of the application process may be found at http://www.uibk.ac.at/fakultaeten-servicestelle/standorte/technikerstrasse/berufung/index.html
For further information, please contact Prof. Dr. Ruben Sommaruga, Director of the Institute of Ecology, Technikerstr. 25, 6020 Innsbruck, Austria; phone: +43 512 507–51710; firstname.lastname@example.org
Univ.-Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. mult. Tilmann Märk