Bitte beachten Sie: Diese Stellenanzeige ist nicht mehr aktiv
University of Innsbruck. Innsbruck (Österreich), 13.06.2017
The University of Innsbruck invites applications for the position of a
University professor of
AQUATIC EVOLUTIONARY ECOLOGYat the Research Institute for Limnology, Mondsee of the Faculty of Biology. The position according to §98 University law 2002 will be based on a five-year civil-law employment contract with the University. Following the five-years’ term the University will extend the contract for an unlimited period of time provided that the evaluation in accordance with § 14 Section 7 UG 2002 is positive and that responsible bodies agree. Responsibilities
- Representation of the subject of "Aquatic Evolutionary Ecology" in research and teaching.
- Active participation in the University’s research area "Alpine Space - Man and Environment" additionally, participation in the research area "Molecular Biosciences" is desirable.
- Research focus on basic and applied topics in evolutionary biology of fresh-water organisms embedded in the ecosystematic research of the institute.
- Teaching in the bachelor curriculum Biology, as well as subject-specific teaching strengthening and complementing the institutes focus. (Co)supervision of theses is expected.
- Acquisition of extra-mural funding.
- Participation in academic self-governance is expected.
- a pertinent degree in higher education
- a pertinent habilitation or equivalent teaching qualification
- publications in leading international peer-reviewed journals
- track-record in evolutionary ecology of fresh-water organisms
- integration in the international research community
- interdisciplinary research in aquatic ecology
- professional work experience abroad
- distinct teaching experience and didactic abilities
- practical experience in acquisition of extra-mural funding
- qualification in leadership and management skills
Applications should include
1) motivation letter,
2) curriculum vitae describing the professional and scientific career,
3) full list of publications, lectures and other scientific output as well as pdfs of the five most important publications,
4) description of self-acquired funds,
5) description of completed and current research (max. 2 pages),
6) concept of intended research and teaching.
All documents have to be submitted in digital form (e-mail, one file in pdf-format) to the Leopold-Franzens-Universität Innsbruck, Fakultäten Servicestelle, Standort Technikerstraße 17, A-6020 Innsbruck (email@example.com) latest by September 14th, 2017. The basic salary is set down in the collective bargaining agreement for university employees. Professors are in the remuneration group A1. For the position, the gross monthly salary is 4.891,10 Euro (14x). Depending on qualification and experience, a higher salary can be negotiated with the rector. Beyond that the university offers attractive additional benefits (http://www.uibk.ac.at/universitaet/zusatzleistungen/). The full, authoritative text in German (published in the official bulletin of the University of June 7th, 2017) as well as additional information on the current status of the application process may be found at http://www.uibk.ac.at/fakultaeten-servicestelle/standorte/technikerstrasse/berufung/index.html Further information can be gained from Dr. Dunja Lamatsch, Research Institute for Limnology, Mondsee, Mondseestr. 9, A-5310 Mondsee, Austria; phone: + 43 512 507-50 204; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
R e c t o r