Stellenmarkt Ein Angebot aus dem Karriere-Netzwerk von
Bitte beachten Sie: Diese Stellenanzeige ist nicht mehr aktiv
Ähnliche aktuelle StellenangeboteMehr Jobs anzeigen
PhD (f/m) thesis on the Detection and data-driven modeling of memory effects in dynamical systems
Deutsches Zentrum für Luft- und Raumfahrt e.V. (DLR). Jena, 22.06.2017
DLR together with the Friedrich-Schiller-University (FSU) Jena currently establishes a research group on Climate Informatics at the new DLR Institute for Data Science in Jena, Germany. Climate Informatics is a challenging and promising research field where a concentrated effort will have a high impact both to advance science and to address climate change topics of critical importance for the society.
We are looking for
1 fully funded PhD Position in "Climate Informatics" at the new DLR Institute for Data Science in Jena, GermanyApplications are invited for the following position:
PhD thesis on the Detection and data-driven modeling of memory effects in dynamical systems: Development of new methods to estimate dynamic systems in a purely data-driven manner to understand and refine already existing, hypothesis driven models (http://www.inf-cv.uni-jena.de/de/jobs_climinf.html).
We are looking for highly motivated and creative scientists with expertise in machine learning, interested in both developing new algorithms as well as robust, usable systems for climate science. The applicants shall have the desire and ability to work in an interdisciplinary team.
The successful candidates for these positions will have:
- PhD (for positions 1 and 2) / Master (for positions 3-8) in computer science or related disciplines
- The creativity to develop new algorithms and learning paradigms for using machine vision and learning for climate science applications
- Practical knowledge of the current state-of-the-art in machine vision and learning
- The commitment and dedication to develop robust, working systems
- Fluency in written and oral English; German is a plus
- Interest in applications of computer science to climate science and the new discoveries they enable
- Strong programming expertise in Python, C and C++ and general knowledge in computer science
Applications will be accepted until the positions are filled.
Sie wollen mehr erfahren? Mehr Informationen über den Arbeitgeber finden Sie hier.