Bitte beachten Sie: Diese Stellenanzeige ist nicht mehr aktiv
German University in Cairo (GUC). Kairo (Ägypten), 17.11.2016
Visual Design and Presentation Professor/Associate Professor/ Lecturer
The German University in Cairo - GUC (Cairo Campus)
Architecture and Urban Design Program
Department of Visual Design
The German University in Cairo invites applications for vacancies to commence in the spring term 2017 (February) or winter term 2017/2018 (September):
The German University in Cairo is looking for highly capable and motivated applicants wishing to join the Architecture and Urban Design Program. The GUC architecture school has been founded in 2010 and can now claim to be one of the most attractive programs in Egypt. Situated in Cairo, the dynamic gateway to the Middle East, the GUC Architecture and Urban Design program is growing rapidly. Successful candidates will be expected to teach both undergraduate and graduate levels, develop ongoing and innovative research activities, and contribute to shaping this young architecture and urban design program. Successful candidates will be expected to contribute to undergraduate and graduate teaching in:
- Visual Design
- Spatial Design
- CAD/CAM (computer aided design, computer aided modeling)
- Design Studio and elective (Graduate Program)
- Candidates should hold a Doctorate/Ph.D. in the field of visual design or equivalent practical and teaching experience. The language of teaching is English.
- Commitment to engage in interdisciplinary studies, research and collaboration with academies of arts
- Visual Design: Image processing, layout and vector-based illustration programs (Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator). Experience and demonstrated interest in interactive media are desirable.
- CAD/CAM: Autodesk Autocad, Autodesk Revit; 3D modeling software like, 3D max, Rhino or sketch-up, Rendering engines like Vray or Lumion, Computation plugins or scripting languages such as Grasshopper for Rhino, Python , C++
Interested applicants are invited to submit their curriculum vitae including employment history, a statement outlining research and teaching interests, samples of design work and publications and the names of at least three referees. Applications to be submitted online through the GUC website: http://www.guc.edu.eg/ by referencing posting: # ref. Die-Zeit. Arch – II6.4.5
Applications will be reviewed until position is filled. For best consideration, kindly submit your application by Jan 15, 2017.
For further information, please contact the Human Resources Department (firstname.lastname@example.org)