Stellenmarkt Ein Angebot aus dem Karriere-Netzwerk von
Bitte beachten Sie: Diese Stellenanzeige ist nicht mehr aktiv
Ähnliche aktuelle StellenangeboteMehr Jobs anzeigen
Lecturer/Instructor (f/m) - Foundation Courses
German University in Cairo (GUC). Kairo (Ägypten), 23.06.2017
Lecturer/Instructor - Foundation CoursesThe German University in Cairo - GUC (Cairo Campus)
Faculty of Applied Science and Arts
The German University in Cairo invites applications for the following vacancy to be filled by September 2017:
The German University in Cairo is looking for highly able and motivated applicants wishing to join The Graphic Design Department. Successful candidates will be expected to contribute to undergraduate and graduate teaching. The position will focus on developing and training analogue drawing skills especially for the major courses product, graphic and media design. Basic drawing and visualization techniques should be implemented in the course syllabus. He/She should be able to enhance the visual thinking competences of the students within the foundation courses, through exploring and visually describing principles of nature observation, mechanics, construction and aesthetics.
- Applicants for the position of a Lecturer/Instructor should hold a master degree or German diploma.
- Applicants for the position of a Lecturer should have at least 5 years of practical and 3 years of teaching experience.
- Applicants for a position of an Instructor should have a minimum 3 years of practical experience, teaching experience would be an asset.
- Updated knowledge of current and future issues within the field of design.
- Competence of working well with people from diverse cultural backgrounds, professional training and aesthetic sensibilities.
- Understanding of the implications of design practice to broaden social, cultural, economic, scientific and technological forces.
- Excellent knowledge of English, which is the teaching language.
- Ability to develop and nurture student’s design abilities according to project- and environmental properties.
- Strong commitment to progressive design education principles regarding a self organized and responsible design study.
- Strong competences to structure and define project goals in order to foster and motivate positive experiences.
- Curiosity to widen the perception within the design discipline and thus create a foundation for design oriented actions and mindsets.
- Excellent writing and interpersonal communication skills.
- Good management skills, including the ability to meet deadlines, communicate and motivate effectively.
- An interest in working collaboratively within the GUC and with external partners towards the development of shared projects.
Interested applicants are invited to submit their curriculum vitae including employment history, a statement outlining research and teaching interests, list of publications and projects undertaken and names of at least three referees. Applications to be submitted online through the GUC website: http://www.guc.edu.eg/ by referencing posting: #ref II8.3.4
For further information, please contact the Human Resources Department (email@example.com)
Applications will be reviewed until position is filled. For best consideration, submit applications by July 21st, 2017.