Bitte beachten Sie: Diese Stellenanzeige ist nicht mehr aktiv
German University in Cairo (GUC). Kairo (Ägypten), 24.04.2017
Faculty of Applied Science and Arts
The German University in Cairo invites applications for the following vacancies to be filled during the academic year 2017/2018.
The German University in Cairo is looking for highly able and motivated applicants wishing to join the Media Design Department. Successful candidates will be expected to contribute to undergraduate and graduate teaching. He/She should have a previous professional experience in digital video production and post-production with a focus on digital compositing/ motion graphics / visual effects or with a related professional background and the will to teach principles of digital compositing (2D/3D motion graphics and compositing in After Effects, visual effects, digital postproduction, color grading etc.)
- Lecturer/Instructor applicants should hold a master degree or german diplom in a related area.
- Applicants for a position of an Instructor should have a minimum 3 years of practical experience, teaching experience would be an asset.
- Candidates applying for Lecturer position should have a minimum 5 years of practical experience and 3 years of teaching experience.
- Knowledge of current and future issues within the field of design education-excellence in research, scholarship, design or creative practice.
- Knowledge of historical and theoretical foundations of film and moving images, digital media design, media art and new media
- Strong commitment to progressive design education principles with respect to self organized and responsible design study.
- Ability to structure and define project goals in order to foster and motivate positive experiences, and develop and nurture students‘ design abilities
- Interest and competence in working with people from diverse cultural backgrounds, professional training and aesthetic sensibilities.
- Understanding of the implications of design practice in relationship to broader social, cultural, economic, scientific and technological forces.
- Excellent writing and interpersonal communication skills.
- Good organisational and administrative skills, including the ability to meet deadlines, communicate and motivate effectively.
- An interest in working collaboratively within the GUC and with external partners towards the development of shared projects and initiatives.
Interested applicants are invited to submit their curriculum vitae including employment history, a statement outlining research and teaching interests, list of publications and projects undertaken and names of at least three referees. Applications to be submitted using the below link by referencing posting: #ref. Die Zeit - II8.2.2
Applications will be reviewed until position is filled. For best consideration, submit applications by 15th of May, 2017.
For further information, please contact the Human Resources Department (email@example.com)