Bitte beachten Sie: Diese Stellenanzeige ist nicht mehr aktiv
German University in Cairo (GUC). Kairo (Ägypten), 24.04.2017
Lecturer/Instructor - Photography
The German University in Cairo- GUC (Cairo Campus)
Faculty of Applied Science and Arts
The German University in Cairo invites applications for the following vacancies to be filled during the academic year 2017/2018.
The German University in Cairo is looking for highly able and motivated applicants wishing to join The Media Design Department. Successful candidates will be expected to contribute to undergraduate and graduate teaching. He/She will be responsible for bringing contemporary knowledge of digital photography, which includes; the post-production processes involved related to digital print to the curriculum and student experience. Also he will contribute in bringing an emphasis on the creative approaches and professional practices of photography alongside high level technical skills.
- Both Lecturer/ Instructor applicants should hold a master degree or German diplom in a related area.
- Applicants for a position of an Instructor should have a minimum 3 years of practical experience, teaching experience would be an asset.
- Applicants for a position of a Lecturer should have a minimum 5 years of practical experience and 3 years of teaching experience.
- Updated knowledge of current and future issues within the field of design.
- Competence of working well with people from diverse cultural backgrounds, professional training and aesthetic sensibilities.
- Understanding of the implications of design practice to broaden social, cultural, economic, scientific and technological forces.
- Ability to develop and nurture student's design abilities according to project- and environmental properties.
- Strong commitment to progressive design education principles regarding a self organized and responsible design study.
- Strong competences to structure and define project goals in order to foster and motivate positive experiences.
- Curiosity to widen the perception within the design discipline and thus create a foundation for design oriented actions and mindsets.
- Excellent writing and interpersonal communication skills.
- Good management skills, including the ability to meet deadlines, communicate and motivate effectively.
- An interest in working collaboratively within the GUC and with external partners towards the development of shared projects.
Interested applicants are invited to submit their curriculum vitae including employment history, a statement outlining research and teaching interests, list of publications and projects undertaken and names of at least three referees. Applications to be submitted online through the GUC website: http://www.guc.edu.eg/ by referencing posting: #ref. Die Zeit - II8.2.3.
Applications will be reviewed until position is filled. For best consideration, submit your application by May 15th, 2017.
For further information, please contact the Human Resources Department