European Institute for Energy Research EDF-KIT EWIV / Karlsruhe Institute of Technology. Karlsruhe, 08.11.2017
The European Institute for Energy Research EDF-KIT EWIV (EIFER), established by Electricité de France (EDF) and Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT), located in Karlsruhe is currently looking for an
Engineer f/m in the field H2 business models and economic assessmentto work in the research group DISTRIBUTED ENERGY.
EIFER is located near the Centre of Karlsruhe in the Technology Park of the city. The institute gathers an international team of more than 100 researchers and offers a comfortable working environment equipped with advanced research facilities.
The activities of Distributed Energy group (around 20 researchers) embrace in particular Hydrogen field including upstream research and development of components, systems trials, technical and economic studies, technologies and market potentials assessment and strategic positioning. They are fostered by a smart network of academic and industrial partners and a commitment in several national (French and German) and European funding research projects dealing with steam water electrolysis and fuel cell energy devices.
The assigned tasks involve
- Developing and consolidating software aiming at the economic and technical optimization of powerto-
- sourcing of electricity
- choice of technologies
- operation profiles etc.
- Developing web-based IT methods and tools for data analytics and visualization
- Assessing functional and technical specifications
- The job applicant should hold a Master degree educational level (or equivalent) or higher in engineering or computer science
- The applicant must have a specific experience in the field of hydrogen energy, including knowledge on hydrogen technologies for production, storage & transport and final usages
- The applicant is interested in the field of energy and environment
- The position requires interdisciplinary and analytical thinking, good presentation and communication skills, ability to work independently and responsibly in a structured way and to convey clear and efficient messages
- A professional level of English is compulsory, additional knowledge in French or German would be of value
The duration of the position is initially limited to 2 years with the option of extension, starting as soon as possible.
Place of work: EIFER, Emmy-Noether-Str. 11, 76131 Karlsruhe, Germany The salary is based on qualification and experience.
If you want to join a highly motivated team, please submit your electronic application until 30th November 2017 including all relevant information (curriculum vitae, copies of testimonials etc.) to email@example.com with reference to the offer 17J032.
For additional information, concerning the work please contact: Dr. Mathieu Marrony (firstname.lastname@example.org, tel +49 (0) 721/6105-1318) or Dr. Annabelle Brisse (email@example.com, Tel. +49 (0) 721/6105-1317).