Stellenmarkt Ein Angebot aus dem Karriere-Netzwerk von
Bitte beachten Sie: Diese Stellenanzeige ist nicht mehr aktiv
Ähnliche aktuelle StellenangeboteMehr Jobs anzeigen
Research engineer (f/m) in Energy technologies
European Institute for Energy Research EDF-KIT EWIV (EIFER). Karlsruhe, 27.04.2017
17J018 Research engineer f/mThe European Institute for Energy Research EDF-KIT EWIV (EIFER), established by EDF and KIT, located in Karlsruhe is currently looking for a
Research engineer in Energy technologies
in order to further develop the competences in the field of "bioenergy" and "heating and cooling" technologies within the group "Bioenergy and Geosciences".
EIFER´s research is aimed at developing and improving innovative clean energy technologies as well as tools and approaches for the sustainable development of cities and territories. In particular, EIFER has an historical activity in the field of bioenergy and energy recovery from waste streams. This activity ranges from individual wood stoves and boilers to industrial use of biomass and wastes for energy (heat and/or electricity) and covers the whole value chain, from resources assessment to energy conversion technologies and by-products. Furthermore, EIFER developed since several years a solid activity on Heating and cooling technologies and concepts (production and distribution). In order to support and develop its activities in "Bioenergy" and "Heating and Cooling Technologies", EIFER is currently looking for a Research engineer.
- Contribution to a research project designed both for energy systems operators and strategic entities of a utility
- understanding of the "Heating and Cooling" and/or the "Bioenergy" sectors
- realize potential assessment of different types of biomass (forest wood, waste streams, agricultural residues?)
- in the topics of interest (especially in district heating and cooling, anaerobic digestion,
bioenergy systems?) realize:
- technical, economic and regulatory surveys in specific countries
- technical studies on specific operational and/ strategic issues
- synthesis reports / presentations on specific issues
- Presentation of work / results in internal and external meetings, workshops and/or conferences
- Master degree or equivalent related to energy or engineering of energy systems
- Junior or first professional experience in the energy sector (ideally in the field of biomass and/or district heating and cooling)
- Practical and technical knowledge about one of the topic of interest would be an asset
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Good level in French would be appreciated
- Strong innovation skills and ability to propose solutions to technical problems encountered
The duration of the position is initially limited to 2 years, starting as soon as possible.
Place of work: EIFER, Emmy-Noether-Str. 11, 76131 Karlsruhe, Germany
If you want to join a highly motivated research group, please forward your application until 19th May, including all relevant information (curriculum vitae, copies of testimonials etc.) to firstname.lastname@example.org, mentioning the job position number 17J018.
For additional information concerning the job profile please contact David Eyler (email@example.com, Tel. +49 721 6105 1378)