Bitte beachten Sie: Diese Stellenanzeige ist nicht mehr aktiv
University of Kiel. Kiel, 01.12.2016
The University of Kiel (CAU), Germany, is offering (subject to the approval of the funds) twelve
PhD Positionswithin the Research Training Group 2154 "Materials for Brain" starting from April 1st 2017. The positions will be awarded for three years. The weekly working time is 29.76 hours. The salary corresponds to the level of TV-L E13 of the German public service salary scale. A promotion for the doctorate degree is highly encouraged.
The Research Training Group 2154 investigates nano- and microscale therapeutically active coatings for their suitability as implants to treat three selected diseases of the brain (epilepsy, aneurysma, glioblastoma). Material-controlled drug release and implant interactions as well as suitability of the implants for diagnostics with magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) can open up new prospects for novel therapies. The investigation and development of such cutting-edge localized therapies and suitable functional materials requires substantial interdisciplinary collaboration between materials science and medicine, and is characteristic for this research training group. Further information: http://www.grk2154.uni-kiel.de
- The research groups are located at the University of Kiel and the Helmholtz-Zentrum Geesthacht with state-of-the-art lab facilities
- Comprehensive academic support program including subject-specific courses, soft skill training, research stays abroad, individual career coaching
- Research-based master’s degree or equivalent (e. g. diploma) preferably in materials science, biology, molecular life science, neuroscience, medicine, (bio)chemistry, (bio)physics or a related subject
- Very good English language skills in speaking and writing
- Pro-active attitude, good communication skills and ability to work effectively in an interdisciplinary team
- Motivation to participate in the academic support program
The University of Kiel is an equal opportunity employer, aiming to increase the proportion of women in science. Applications by women are particularly welcome. Given equal qualifications, applicants with severe disabilities will be given priority consideration. Applications by people with a migration background are particularly welcomed. Please refrain from submitting application photos. Applications close on January 8th, 2017. Please apply online (http://www.grk2154.uni-kiel.de).