Stellenmarkt Ein Angebot aus dem Karriere-Netzwerk von
Bitte beachten Sie: Diese Stellenanzeige ist nicht mehr aktiv
Ähnliche aktuelle StellenangeboteMehr Jobs anzeigen
Head of the Metabolomics Core Facility (f/m)
Max-Planck-Institut für Biologie des Alterns / Max Planck Institute for Biology of Ageing (IMPRS-Age). Köln, 03.11.2016
Head of the Metabolomics Core Facility (m/f)
The mission of the Max Planck Institute for Biology of Ageing is to unravel the common molecular mechanisms underlying ageing and ageing-associated diseases with the longer-term objective of improving health of the elderly and developing novel therapeutic interventions. The Institute has several service core facilities, which provide methodological expertise and state-of-the-art technologies in Bioinformatics, FACS & Imaging, Phenotyping, Proteomics and Transgenesis. The Institute was founded 2008 and hosts around 250 people with nationalities from over 34 different countries.
(job code 18/2016)
We now seek a talented, independent and dynamic expert in the metabolomics field who will build up and run a newly established Metabolomics Core Facility. You will be responsible for a team of 2-3 colleagues and provide expertise and service to the scientists in house. The future Metabolomics Core Facility will provide service in targeted metabolite analysis as well as untargeted metabolomics profiling. For this purpose, we will rebuild some of our laboratory space and invest in new technology. The position is full-time.
- A completed PhD degree in Natural Sciences or related field
- Documented expertise in chromatography, mass spectrometry and the field of metabolomics
- Leadership qualities
- Excellent command in spoken and written English
- A communicative and service-minded personality
- Talent and interest in methodology development
It is beneficial if you also have:
- Leadership experience
- Post doctoral experience
- An international scientific track record
- International working experience
Although the main task is to provide core facility service to the institute, the successful candidate will also have possibilities to develop an independent research programme in one or more aspects of the biology of ageing.
- An initial time-limited work contract, with the possibility to become a permanent position
- A salary based on qualifications according to civil service guidelines (TVöD-Bund; Tarifvertrag für den öffentlichen Dienst)
- An international, dynamic and family-friendly environment
- Excellent training opportunities
Your Application should include
- a cover letter explaining why you would like to join our Institute
- your Curriculum Vitae including your publication list
If applicable, also
- a statement of scientific achievements
- a two page summary of your future research plans
Please submit your application as one single pdf-file (quoting job code 18/2016) using our application website http://www.age.mpg.de/de/karriere/bewerberportal. Deadline for applications is the 15th December 2016. Please also arrange for 2 academic references including their contact information to be sent as pdf-files to firstname.lastname@example.org. Successful applicants should be prepared for interviews held on 25th January 2017.
The Max Planck Society seeks to employ more women in areas in which they are underrepresented. Hence we would like to encourage qualified women to apply. Applications from disabled candidates or those with additional support needs are welcome.
For any inquiries, please contact Dr Martin Denzel email@example.com +49 221 37970 443 or Dr Gabriella Lundkvist firstname.lastname@example.org +49 221 37970 302. For further information about the Institute, see http://www.age.mpg.de