Bitte beachten Sie: Diese Stellenanzeige ist nicht mehr aktiv
University of Cologne. Köln, 08.03.2017
Senior Scientist Position (m/f)Architecture and function of the fly Drosophila brain
The successful candidate is expected to organize extensive research projects by coordinating students, technicians and young postdocs to understand the architecture and function of the brain using the fruit fly Drosophila melanogaster as a model. The research includes systematic visualization and identification of novel neuronal circuits, imaging-based functional analyses, behavioural analyses with selective manipulation of specific neurons (functional blocking, activating or altering), etc. Particular emphasis will be placed on identifying and analysing neurons in the brain regions that have escaped from detailed investigation in the past. As a senior scientist the candidate will also play roles in organising lab activities, teaching students, training young postdocs, coordinating workshops, etc. Organisation of semiindependent research projects is also conceivable. Your Profile:
- Ph.D. in biology and related field and a strong interest in neuroscience.
- Knowledge and experiences in the neuroscientific research using Drosophila or other insects
- Knowledge and experiences in bioimage analysis, database, or programming will be preferred.
- Candidates should be creative and capable of developing competitive research projects while working semi-independently under the supervision of a team leader.
- Teaching experience in biology and experience in writing research proposals or third-party funding will be appreciated.