Bitte beachten Sie: Diese Stellenanzeige ist nicht mehr aktiv
KU Leuven. Löwen (Belgien), Heerlen (Niederlande), 21.12.2017
Public international law(ref. ZAP-2017-151)
Employment percentage: Full-time
Location: Leuven / Institute for International Law
Apply before: Sunday, March 4, 2018
The Faculty of Law of KU Leuven, Belgium, and the Faculty of Humanities and Law of the Open University (The Netherlands) seek to appoint jointly a full-time chair in public international law.
The appointed candidate is expected to develop and execute research projects in cooperation with the departments/sections for International and European Law at both Faculties, as well as with the KU Leuven Institute for International Law and the Leuven Centre for Global Governance Studies. It is expected that excellent results will be achieved, such as publications in international peer reviewed academic journals as well as effective participation in national and international research networks in the field of the chair. This senior position entails the actual supervision of PhD students.
The appointed candidate will develop and execute an effective contribution to the law curricula of both Faculties. For KU Leuven the position will involve teaching in the campuses at Kortrijk, Brussels and Hasselt in conformity with the educational concept of the university. For the OU the position will involve the development and teaching of courses for online academic education as well as sharing the responsibility for the quality of other courses in the field of the chair. Supervision/examination of LLM papers is expected. Both Faculties expect the teaching to meet the standards of academic programmes (LLB, LLM) as regards level, orientation and content. The teaching will be evaluated through the relevant quality assurance systems, which the chairholder will have to comply.
The appointed candidate is expected to engage in assignments of service to society and/or to the administration and management of the institutions where the chair is established.
Candidates are expected to meet the following requirements:
- PhD in Public International Law;
- knowledge of and research experience in Public International Law, demonstrated by an excellent academic output at international level;
- interest in fundamental doctrines of Public International Law, such as sovereignty, human rights, governance mechanisms in complex international society, international relations;
- managerial and communicative skills, including an excellent command of English (B2/C1 in CEFR);
- the requisite skill to apply for tenders for research funding; experience in obtaining research grants is a plus;
- experience with academic teaching and good didactical qualities, demonstrated by evaluations;
- experience with or a demonstrable interest in the engagement of ICT and multimedia in academic teaching;
- skills in research supervision; completed PhD studies under supervision are a plus;
- a positive attitude towards obtaining the relevant teaching qualifications, if not yet obtained.
The official administrative language used at KU Leuven is Dutch. If you do not speak Dutch (or do not speak it well) at the start of employment, KU Leuven will provide language training to enable you to take part in administrative meetings. Before teaching courses in Dutch or English, you will be given the opportunity to learn Dutch respectively English to the required standard.
The actual legal regime of the appointment will be discussed with the selected candidate, in view of interalia his/her nationality and personal preference. The chair’s residence has to allow for personal presence of the chairholder in the academic communities, both in Leuven (B) and in Heerlen (NL), on a regular basis.
Equal opportunities and diversity policies are qualities of the HRM policies of both universities.
For more information please contact Prof. dr. Bernard Tilleman, tel.: +32 16 32 53 34, mail: email@example.com. For problems with online applying, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can apply for this job no later than March 04, 2018 via the online application tool KU Leuven seeks to foster an environment where all talents can flourish, regardless of gender, age, cultural background, nationality or impairments. If you have any questions relating to accessibility or support, please contact us at diversiteit.HR@kuleuven.be.