Stellenmarkt Ein Angebot aus dem Karriere-Netzwerk von
Bitte beachten Sie: Diese Stellenanzeige ist nicht mehr aktiv
Ähnliche aktuelle StellenangeboteMehr Jobs anzeigen
Agribusiness and Rural Development Specialist (f/m)
Europäische Investitionsbank. Luxemburg, 01.03.2017
EIB - European Investment Bank Agribusiness and Rural Development Specialists
EIB - European Investment BankThe EIB, the European Union’s bank, is seeking for its Projects Directorate (PJ) - Environment and Sustainable Territorial Development Department (ETD) - Agribusiness and Rural Development Division (AGRUDEV), at its headquarters in Luxembourg, an: Agribusiness and Rural Development Specialists This is a full time position in grade 5/6 The term of this contract will be 4 years (This is a campaign to fill present vacancies and in anticipation of future vacancies) The EIB offers fixed-term contracts of up to a maximum of 6 years, according to business needs, with a possibility to convert to a permanent contract, subject to organisational requirements and individual performance. Purpose
Agribusiness and Rural Development
Good employment conditions
Agribusiness and Rural Development
Good employment conditions
The Agribusiness and Rural Development Specialist (internally referred to as Sector Economist) will work within multi-disciplinary teams on the preparation, appraisal and implementation of projects in accordance with EIB procedures, located mainly in the EU, but also in EU neighbourhood countries and other EIB countries of operation. Network
The Sector Economist will report to the Head of the Agribusiness and Rural Development Division and work closely with other professional staff of the Environment and Sustainable Territorial Development Department, as well as other PJ Departments and Bank staff as appropriate, especially those in the Bank’s Lending Directorates. Projects would generally be in the following areas of activity: the wider primary sector value added chain (mainly agriculture/horticulture, agri-food production, irrigation and other supporting industries), as well as related commercial services (logistics, retail etc.), as well as the wider sector including RDI in/and transformation of biomass, rural development, environmental, and biodiversity issues. The Sector Specialist would work across the whole project cycle, with a focus on appraisal, monitoring and completion, but also involvement in origination and structuring. Regular travel (generally short trips to project locations) would be involved. Accountabilities
- As part of a multi-disciplinary team, and in close cooperation with the Lending Directorates and other services of the Bank, the Sector Economist will contribute to the overall appraisal of loan proposals.
- S/he will particularly assess and monitor the long-term economic, financial and environmental viability of capital investment projects and programmes.
- Promote the understanding of the sectors of his/her responsibility within the Projects Directorate and the Bank and maintain contacts with outside networks, including the European Commission and other international bodies concerned with these sectors through active participation at selected sectorial events.
- Prepare sector studies and other analyses supporting the due diligence for long-term capital and R&D investment, as well as the Bank’s lending policies.
- Follow regional and global market developments and EU policies in defined sectors such as Forest value chain, agricultural and food industry, competition, trade, regional and rural development, as well as horizontal policies concerning Rural Development, innovation and environment
- A Masters or higher degree, or equivalent professional qualification in applied economics. A PhD in a relevant sector of responsibility (agriculture/horticulture, forestry and forest industries etc.) and/or concerning development economics (BA or similar qualification in natural science or engineering) would be an advantage
- A minimum of 5 years practical industry, research or consultancy experience including preparation and screening of feasibility and market studies, assessment of company strategies, profitability and risk analysis in a relevant sector.
- Practical experience gained within and outside the European Union; awareness and direct work experience in implementation of development projects and policies would be an advantage
- Detailed knowledge of applied quantitative methods, cost benefit analysis, risk analysis and modelling/forecasting the impact of competition and policy framework changes on the economic and financial viability of long-term capital and Regional Development investment in private and public sectors
- Solid IT skills
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English and/or French. Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English; Knowledge of another EU language would be an advantage;
- Achievement Drive: continually keeps an eye on performance, focusing on improving it, showing drive and determination to meet short and long-term goals.
- Change Orientation: Adapts to differences and changes in the environment; takes a flexible approach to reach outcomes.
- Collaboration: Works cooperatively as part of a team; works collaboratively with peers across organisational boundaries based on a genuine interest in and an accurate understanding of others and their individual perspectives and concerns.
- Organisational Commitment: Is willing to commit to an organisation whose mission is to support Europe and is open to diversity, and to align her/his own behaviour with the organisation’s needs and intrinsic values, acting with integrity in ways that promote the organisation’s mission, policies and rules.
to https://erecruitment.eib.org selecting Job 103873. We believe that Diversity is good for our people and our business. We promote and value diversity and inclusion among our staff and candidates irrespective of their gender, age, nationality, race, culture, education and experience, religious beliefs, sexual orientation or disability.