Stellenmarkt Ein Angebot aus dem Karriere-Netzwerk von
Postdoc (Research Associate) in Physics (f/m)
University of Luxembourg. Luxemburg (Luxemburg), 08.06.2017
The University of Luxembourg is a multilingual, international research University.
The University of Luxembourg is looking within its Laboratory for Photovoltaics, Physics and Materials Science Research Unit, for a
Postdoc (Research Associate) in Physics (M/F)to develop and characterize surface passivation layers for thin film photovoltaics
- Ref. R-AGR-3134-10-C
- Fixed-term contract 1 year
- Full-time (40 hrs/week)
- Employee status
The project aims to study the fundamental behavior of dielectric passivation layers on chalcopyrite Cu(In,Ga)Se2 absorbers. Electronic defects within the absorber or at the interfaces in the solar cell, and to which extent these can be tailored by applying a passivation layer, are a major focus of our investigations. Among other techniques, we will employ advanced optical characterization using photoluminescence (PL) to study these defects.
The successful candidate will
- be responsible for advanced optical characterization of absorber films and passivated devices by low-temperature and room-temperature photoluminescence (PL), including calibrated PL and time-resolved PL,
- deposit chalcopyrite thin film absorbers by physical vapor deposition (PVD),
- provide support with electrical characterization (admittance spectroscopy, capacitance-voltage, current-voltage),
- contribute to the interpretation of all experimental results in the project, including optical, electrical, chemical and structural,
- present the results in high impact journals and at international conferences.
For questions please contact:
Dr. Florian Werner
Phone: +352 46 66 44 - 6020
PhD degree in Physics (or equivalent)
Solid background in at least one of the following area:
- Photoluminescence characterization
- Defects in semiconductors
- Surface passivation of semiconductors
Excellent working knowledge in English is required.
You have the opportunity to contribute to pioneering research in thin-film photovoltaics in a modern and well-equipped laboratory. Located in the heart of Europe, we provide an exciting, multi-disciplinary international environment. You will receive a highly competitive salary and ample opportunity for professional development in a range of training courses organized by the University of Luxembourg.
Find out more about us at www.fnr.lu/projects/surface-passivation-for-thin-film-photovoltaics/ and physics.uni.lu/research_areas/photovoltaics.
Please send your application in English including motivation letter, CV, list of publications and scanned diplomas ONLINE by 31st July 2017. Incomplete dossiers will not be considered.
The University of Luxembourg is an equal opportunity employer.