Stellenmarkt Ein Angebot aus dem Karriere-Netzwerk von
Bitte beachten Sie: Diese Stellenanzeige ist nicht mehr aktiv
Ähnliche aktuelle StellenangeboteMehr Jobs anzeigen
Postdoc / Oberassistent (f/m) Sociology
University of Lucerne. Luzern (Schweiz), 14.12.2017
Faculty of Humanities and Social SciencesThe University of Lucerne is the youngest of the Swiss universities. Established in 2000, the university comprises four faculties and has approximately 2,800 students. Since its inception, the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences has developed into a diverse teaching and research establishment. Its ten institutes and departments place great importance on providing innovative multidisciplinary study programs.
Job opening at the Chair of Sociology II, Sociology Seminar, Universität Luzern, starting August 2018:
Postdoc (Oberassistentin / Oberassistent) (90%)The work of the Chair of Sociology II includes sociological theory, as well as theoretically-driven empirical research. Substantively, it contributes to various sociological subfields and areas (see below). In all cases, it aims at intellectually challenging, analytically and methodologically robust, and exciting research.
- Scientific work in research, teaching, and administration
- Teaching duty is 4 SWS (2 courses)
- Active research program that fits the orientation of the chair
- Work toward habilitation (if desired)
- PhD in sociology or related social science
- Full proficiency in both German and English (teaching will be mostly in German)
- Teaching and research interests should include sociological theory
- They may also include other areas, such as sociology of culture, world society, comparative-historical sociology, sociology of knowledge and science, morality, economic sociology, methods, logic of inquiry, and philosophy of social science
- Conditions of employment per the law of Kanton Luzern
- Attractive conditions and salary at 90%
- Good resources and atmosphere
- Hands-on training in sociological research, writing, and publication, particularly in English-language journals and book publishers
- The initial appointment is for 2-3 years; if things go well, it may be renewed
(2) List of publications.
(3) Certification of PhD completion.
Also possible: if PhD defense is scheduled for the spring, a letter or document certifying that.
(4) Description of past research and future research plans. This should be 3 pages maximum. English language is preferred.
(5) 2 writing samples; ideally this will include 1 published article in a peer-reviewed journal. Writing samples could be in either English or German, though English is preferred.
(6) The name of 2 persons whom you asked to write recommendation letters on your behalf.
In addition, please have these 2 persons send their letter directly to firstname.lastname@example.org (so as to ensure that the letters are confidential).
How to Submit and Deadline
Applications should be submitted in electronic form (as a single PDF document) to email@example.com, indicating job number 2300/100.
Deadline is January 15, 2018.
Questions? Substantive questions about the chair and job duties may be addressed to Prof. Dr. Gabriel Abend at abend[at]nyu.edu Administrative and technical questions about the application may be addressed to Viola Müller (firstname.lastname@example.org)