Bitte beachten Sie: Diese Stellenanzeige ist nicht mehr aktiv
The German Aerospace Center DLR / ESTEC. Noordwijk (Niederlande), 07.08.2017
Start your mission with DLR.
For our German Trainee Programme (GTP) in cooperation with ESTEC, Noordwijk, NL, we wish to recruit a
Applied Physicist, Electrical Engineer or similar
EO Future Missions and Technology
This is your opportunity to join the team at ESTEC, Noordwijk, NL
GTP-2018-EOP-ΦM(1) - EO Future Missions and Technology
The Future Missions and Instruments Division is responsible for the preparation of future EO missions and instruments and related technologies. New mission and instrument concepts are investigated and the preparatory activities for all missions before phase A are implemented. This comprises a.o. studying the feasibility of the future mission concepts as well as the identification and implementation of the necessary technology pre-developments. The division is also responsible for conduction the Phase-A studies for all future Earth Observation missions except those already approved for implementation. The work carried out includes the end-to-end definition of space missions, including orbits, instruments, platforms, end-to-end performance, data flow, launcher interfaces, and ground processing to meet the observation requirements. The definition is carried out in close cooperation with specialists in the different domains as well as with the scientists and/or data users proposing the mission or expected to use its results. The division also coordinates the EO technology activities performed within ESA. This includes the definition, evaluation and follow-up of technology developments and their implications in terms of system performance, together with the rest of the EO Directorate and the Technology, Engineering and Quality Directorate (D/TEC).
- you will support the work of the Division in the field of future Earth Science and Copernicus evolution technology preparatory activities
- you will be exposed to the wide range of technology developments in the field of EO instrumentation and spacecraft technologies, and will gain experience of technical project management and system engineering
- you will also provide support to mission and system studies and actively participate to the development of EO system engineering tools. The post will offer the possibility of being exposed to the wide range of technology developments in the field of EO instrumentation and of spacecraft technologies
Please apply by 6 September 2017.
- education in aerospace or electrical/electronic engineering or in applied physics
- knowledge of techniques used in EO
- knowledge of IT tools, e.g. Matlab, MS Access, MS Excel, Python
- German citizenship is absolutely necessary
- applicants should have just completed (conclusion not older than two years) or be in their final year of a university course at Master’s level in a technical or scientific discipline
- candidates must be fluent in English or French, the official languages of the agency