German Aerospace Center DLR / ESTEC. Noordwijk (Niederlande), 07.08.2017
Start your mission with DLR.
For our German Trainee Programme (GTP) in cooperation with ESTEC, Noordwijk, NL, we wish to recruit a
Master in Engineering or Sciences
This is your opportunity to join the team at ESTEC, Noordwijk, NL
GTP-2018-TEC-T - Technology Management
You will be part of the Technology Programmes Office which is responsible for:
- managing the Technology Research Programme (TRP) and General Support Technology Programme (GSTP), including the definition of the TRP and GSTP work plans and monitoring of implementation and assessment of achievements
- communicating, disseminating and archiving results of all R&D activities supporting and organising training on technology matters
- maintaining the technology website of the Directorate, in coordination with the Communication Officer
- providing support to Member States in preparing and implementing National technology R&D programmes and projects via collaborative activities and third party services
- leading efforts on technology breakthroughs, innovation and spin-in
Through the support of a tutor and more generally of the Technology Programmes Office, you will gather needed knowledge about activity management, ESA processes and associated tools.
- you will investigate recent developments and reported best-practices and proven methodology in the field of Technology R&D Management
- you will contribute to the definition of requirements and implementation of any improvement of processes and associated tools used in the office
- you will perform an analysis of the technologies or subset of technologies, being supported recently in both Programmes to analyse the main objectives and the origin of those activities (e.g. follow-up of GSP/ ITI study, technology Push, project needs, roadmaps) with regards to achievement assessment
- you will support to dissemination of results and lessons-learnt within the Agency, with Member State Delegates and with Industry and Partners and contribute to the Knowledge Management Initiative and ESA Digital Agenda
Being in contact with ESA experts, you will gather knowledge of state-of-the-art and future technologies, understanding of ESA collaboration with Member States and partners, and large overview of European Space Industry landscape that will certainly be an asset for your career.
- applicants should have good interpersonal and communication skills and should be able to work in a multi-cultural environment, both independently and as part of a team. Applicants should have a proactive attitude towards solving problems and an interest in innovative technologies
- German citizenship is absolutely necessary
- applicants should have just completed (conclusion not older than two years) or be in their final year of a university course at Master’s level in a technical or scientific discipline
- candidates must be fluent in English or French, the official languages of the agency