Bitte beachten Sie: Diese Stellenanzeige ist nicht mehr aktiv
The German Aerospace Center DLR / ESTEC. Noordwijk (Niederlande), 07.08.2017
Start your mission with DLR.
For our German Trainee Programme (GTP) in cooperation with ESTEC, Noordwijk, NL, we wish to recruit a
Master in Physics or Engineering
Flex Performance Engineering
This is your opportunity to join the team at ESTEC, Noordwijk, NL
GTP-2018-EOP-PDI - Flex performance engineer
The position is within the Instrument team of the Flex satellite project. The Flex satellite is an earth observation satellite within the Earth Explorer program due for launch in early 2022, which will measure as a "world-premiere" the fluorescence signal emitted from the vegetation. In combination with other measurements (e.g. vegetation temperature), this will allow to quantify the actual photosynthetic activity of terrestrial ecosystems and physiological indicators for vegetation health status. The Instrument team is in charge to follow the development of the optical instruments on board the satellite. The trainee will integrate the instrument team to support the system and scientific performance assessment.
The trainee will be in charge to assess in details the impact on scientific performances (e.g fluorescence retrieval) of the optical performances of the instruments. In particular, the impact of straylight, spectral features, polarisation sensitivity on system performance shall be assessed. The performance assessment will be performed based on mathematical simulations.
Please apply by 6 September 2017.
- engineering degree or master in Physics
- good knowledge in image processing
- knowledge in optics is an asset
- good knowledge of mathematical SW programming languages (e.g. Matlab, Python, IDL)
- German citizenship is absolutely necessary
- applicants should have just completed (conclusion not older than two years) or be in their final year of a university course at Master’s level in a technical or scientific discipline
- candidates must be fluent in English or French, the official languages of the agency