The German Aerospace Center DLR / ESTEC. Noordwijk (Niederlande), 07.08.2017
Start your mission with DLR.
For our German Trainee Programme (GTP) in cooperation with ESTEC, Noordwijk, NL, we wish to recruit a
Systems Engineer, Mission Analyst or similar
Space Systems and Concurrent Engineering
This is your opportunity to join the team at ESTEC, Noordwijk - NL
GTP-2018-TEC-SYE - Space Systems and Concurrent Engineering
The training opportunity is within the System Engineering Division (TEC-SY) in the Systems Department (TEC-S) of the Directorate of Technology, Engineering and Quality (D/TEC) and in particular in the Systems and Concurrent Engineering Section (TEC-SYE) which is responsible for the following main activities:
- manage and use the Concurrent Design Facility (CDF) and perform internal feasibility studies and design of potential future ESA missions
- provide system engineering support to ESA programmes and projects in various phases of their development
- conduct R&D activities related to system engineering methodologies and tools
- provide technical support to small spacecraft projects for technology demonstration and/or education, including preparatory activities (feasibility studies, pre-developments, ...)
- design and develop models, databases, tools, architectures to support and enhance system engineering practices, methodologies and applications across the borders of disciplines and organisations
Further information is available here.
In the frame of this German Trainee Programme Opportunity, the following activities will be proposed:
- participation in multidisciplinary and inter-directorate activities for the assessment and conceptual design of future space missions for all ESA programmes
- hands-on system engineering support to CDF space mission studies and to other facility development and maintenance activities
- development of engineering tools, models and databases for the CDF infrastructure and the concurrent engineering approach, including open source tools, based on standard data models, to be distributed throughout the Community of practitioners
- technical support to the other system and project activities of the Division, depending on specific technical fields of expertise of the candidate
Please apply by 6 September 2017.
- applicants should have just completed (conclusion not older than two years) or be in their final year of a university course at Master’s level in engineering with preferably an aerospace background and/or specialization in Systems Engineering, Mission Analysis or other system-related disciplines
- in addition experience with engineering tools (such as MatLab, STK, MatCad, Catia), as well as office automation software (e.g. Excel, Visual Basic, Word, PowerPoint, etc.) is an asset
- German citizenship is absolutely necessary
- candidates must be fluent in English or French, the official languages of the Agency