Bitte beachten Sie: Diese Stellenanzeige ist nicht mehr aktiv
University of Skövde. Skövde (Schweden), 02.12.2016
Professor in production engineering
Ref nr HS 2016/662
with a specialization in maintenance
As elected to be the Volvo Preferred Academic Partner within three strategic research areas, namely, Virtual Manufacturing (from 2009), Maintenance and Process Points Analysis (from 2016), the University of Skövde is well recognized by the Swedish automotive industry as one of the leading research groups in Sweden in these areas. In terms of Virtual Manufacturing, it is one of the largest research group in Sweden that conducts research, development and consultancy to solve industrial-scale problems. The research of the University of Skövde has also some strong linkage with Gothia Science Park who received the European Enterprise Award from the European Union in 2009.
The position includes research, teaching and administration. Additional assignments might be included in the position.
The qualification requirements are:
- proven scientific proficiency equivalent with qualification as Professor within production engineering.
- documented experience of research within production engineering and maintenance.
- well-documented proficiency in supervision at the doctoral level. The applicant should have been main supervisor or in fact main supervisor for at least one PhD Student until completed PhD degree. Consideration will be given to established practices within the field. The applicant should have been primarily responsible for at least half of the PhD Student’s education
- proven pedagogical proficiency
- documented ability to communicate well, orally and in writing, in English.
- documented good ability to cooperate and leadership skills
- documented experience of applying for, obtaining and managing research projects with external research funding.
- The degree of proficiency that is required for the employment (see qualification requirements).
- Documented experience of conducting university level education in production engineering and maintenance.
- Documented ability of research in collaboration with industry.
- The level of ability in communicating research with the surrounding society.
- Certificate of completed training in teaching and learning in higher education (15 ECTS) or demonstration of equivalent education.
- Ability to communicate well, orally and in writing, in Swedish.
The University of Skövde strives towards ethnical and cultural diversity and equal gender distribution within all employment categories. As the majority of the employees in the subject area are men, the University especially invites women to apply for this position.
The position is a full time (100 %) permanent employment.
Information about the position is provided by Mattias Strand, Head of the School, Magnus Holm Head of Division and Jan Oscarsson, Subject representative. Union information is provided by Anders Johansson (SACO-S), Sonja Nohlgren (ST) or Helen Jern (the Swedish Teacher’s Union). These persons may be reached through the University’s switchboard, 0046-(0)500-44 80 00. Your application must be marked with ref nr HS 2016/662 and provided to the Registrar, University of Skövde, Box 408, SE-541 28 Skövde, Sweden or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than January 31st, 2017. The application must be submitted with an attested list of qualifications, a brief written account of scientific, pedagogical and other activities (including future work plans and development within respective activity), other work referred to, no more than ten scientific publications (a minimum of two published during the last three years) and no more than five work intended for documenting the pedagogical proficiency including a list of (all) publications. Information about employment at the University is provided in our Terms of Employment (Anställningsordning). All documents must be submitted in four sets (in four identical folders) that may be provided to expert evaluators without further treatment. (Documents should - to the extent possible - be in English which enables evaluations by foreign experts.)
According to the regulations of the National Archives the University is obliged to keep application documents for two years after the appointment of the position. Applicant requesting documents to be returned will have them returned after the two years, otherwise they will be eliminated.