Stellenmarkt Ein Angebot aus dem Karriere-Netzwerk von
Bitte beachten Sie: Diese Stellenanzeige ist nicht mehr aktiv
Ähnliche aktuelle StellenangeboteMehr Jobs anzeigen
Postdoctoral fellowship in "The bioinformatics of 3D chromatin structures and human diseases"
Karolinska Institutet. Solna (Schweden), 28.03.2017
Postdoctoral fellowship in "The bioinformatics of 3D chromatin structures and human diseases" at Karolinska InstitutetPosition
We search for a highly motivated postdoctoral fellow in bioinformatics to join high risk/high gain projects that aim at understanding the function and dynamics of 3D epigenome folding and its deregulation in diseases. The projects are expected to uncover hitherto unknown therapeutic targets in complex diseases, such as cancer and diabetes. The candidate will work together with the research groups of Drs Anita Göndör and Rolf Ohlsson, who have innovated state-of-the-art techniques enabling the analysis of 3D chromatin structures and chromatin fibre networks in single cells and small cell populations (under review) to provide unique opportunities for novel discoveries.
For further information about our work, please consult the following recent publications: Zhao et al, Mol Cell 59:984-97 (2015); Feinberg, Koldobiskiy and Göndör, Nature Review Genetics 17:284-99 (2016), Göndör and Ohlsson, Nature 2009.
Model systems are exclusively based on human cells and unique, well-characterized patient material, such liquid and solid tumors as well as muscle and adipose tissue. The successful candidates will join two groups consisting of 5 postdocs and 4 PhD students.
A person is eligible for a two-year tax-free postdoctoral fellowship in bioinformatics, if he or she has obtained a PhD or equivalent in Computational Biology, Computer Engineering, or a relevant quantitative scientific discipline no more than two years before the first date of employment as postdoc. In addition, it is advantageous if the successful candidate has:
- Experience in the analysis of NGS data, in particular RNA-seq, single cell RNA-seq, ChIP-seq, 3C-based chromatin interactome datasets
- Experience in network analysis and excellent knowledge in biostatistics
- Extensive experience in using R/BioConductor, Unix/Linux environment (prior scripting language experience e.g. Python/Perl is a plus)
- Experience in data visualization
- Experience in meta-analysis
- Experience in SNP calling from NGS data is a plus
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
- Good understanding of biological concepts and/or willingness to learn
- Experience in working with wet lab scientists is a plus
The application must contain the following documents in English:
1. A complete curriculum vitae including the date of the thesis defense, title of the thesis, current position, academic distinctions, and any committee work
2. A complete list of publications
3. A summary of current work (one page)
4. Verifications for crediting of illness, military service, work for labor unions or student organizations, parental leave or similar
5. Verification from the thesis defense committee or the equivalent (only if the thesis defence is scheduled within three months after the application deadline)
The application is to be submitted on the NetRecruiter system:
Karolinska Institutet is one of the world´s leading medical universities. Its mission is to contribute to the improvement of human health through research and education. Karolinska Institutet accounts for over 40 per cent of the medical academic research conducted in Sweden and offers the country´s broadest range of education in medicine and health sciences. Since 1901 the Nobel Assembly at Karolinska Institutet has selected the Nobel laureates in Physiology or Medicine.
Pursuant to the regulations of the Swedish National Archives, applications are kept on file for two years after the appointment has gained legal force. The regulations do not apply to attachments that have been printed or otherwise published.
Karolinska Institutet strives to provide a workplace that has approximately the same number of women and men, is free of discrimination and offers equal opportunity to everyone.
Temporary position: for a period of two years with possibilities for prolongation up to 4 years.
Access - According to agreement
Last application date: 2017-04-24
For questions, contact Anita Göndör (email@example.com) and/or Rolf Ohlsson (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Union representatives: Nasrin Bavand-Chobot, OFR, Nasrin.Bavand@ki.se, Cecilia Björkdahl, SACO , 08-524 872 65, Henry Wölling, SEKO, 08-524 840 80, email@example.com