Stellenmarkt Ein Angebot aus dem Karriere-Netzwerk von
Bitte beachten Sie: Diese Stellenanzeige ist nicht mehr aktiv
Ähnliche aktuelle StellenangeboteMehr Jobs anzeigen
Researcher/Academic Staff (f/m)
Universität Stuttgart. Stuttgart, 09.11.2017
Researcher/Academic StaffHIGH PERFORMANCE COMPUTING CENTER STUTTGART (HLRS)
The HLRS is the first national supercomputing center in Germany. Currently hosting one of the fastest supercomputing system worldwide, it offers services and support in the area of High Performance Computing to users from academia, research and industry. Additionally HLRS is one of the world leading institutions in the research fields of supercomputing, grids and cloud computing and participates in the cluster of excellence on simulation technologies. HLRS as a central unit of Stuttgart University is heavily active in research on new technologies and solutions in national and international projects, participating in a high number of funded research activities.
For the development of new solutions and support services on the interface between leading edge scientific applications and high performance computing systems, we offer several positions in national and international projects as Researcher/Academic Staff (TV-L 13), HLRS_10_2017.
The contracts are restricted according to German law (WissZeitVG) and are limited to the project life time.
The possibility to work on a PhD thesis in this position is given.
You will work in an international team on computing challenges on leading High Performance Computing systems. Depending on your profile, you will either directly work with the application owners and users from the scientific and industrial area to push the applications to a new level of efficiency and performance e.g. by developing new algorithms or you will work more system centric on high performance I/O, high performance data transfers and high end application workflows in one of the world‘s most advanced HPC environments. You will bring in your knowledge and expertise in both, conceptual work as well as practical implementations, targeting innovative solutions.
Candidates need to have:
- A university degree, ideally in the area of computer science, applied mathematics or one of the application fields like engineering, chemistry or physics
- Strong focus on creativity, proactivity, positive solutions and continuous improvement
- Good programming skills in at least one higher-order programming language
- Initial experience in Parallel Programming and HPC infrastructures
- Conceptual thinking
- Good language skills in English
- Experience in the usage of profiling tools and application benchmarking
- Knowledge (either theoretical or practical) in the area of data analytics
- Knowledge in the concepts and use of workflow and data management
- Strong command in Linux-based environments
- At least basic knowledge of the German language
- A pleasant working atmosphere in a highly motivated team
- Opportunities of courses and trainings and training on the job
- A wide range of sports activities at the University of Stuttgart
- The social benefits of the public service
- Salary and the working conditions based on a collective labor agreement (TV-L)
The University of Stuttgart is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from women are strongly encouraged. Full-time positions may be turned into part-time positions. Severely challenged persons will be given preference in case of equal qualifications.