„EBS Universität für Wirtschaft und Recht“ is a private, state-recognized university with a business school campus in
Oestrich-Winkel and a law school campus in Wiesbaden, Germany. Currently, EBS hosts 2,300 students and doctoral candidates at
its two schools. EBS’ more than 300 employees aim to develop responsible and conscientious decision-makers and support
students in their personal development. EBS nurtures excellence in research and teaching, has a strong stakeholder network and
emphasizes its international focus. Through professional training programs EBS aims to provide life-long learning for students,
executives and management specialists.
We are part of SRH Higher Education, a leading private owner of universities and higher education institutions with a total of 13,000 students.
At EBS Business School, the Department of Finance, Accounting, Controlling & Taxation (FACT) invites international applications
for a full-time Senior (full) Professorship f/m in Business Administration and Financial Accounting.
- Teaching of Financial Accounting and Reporting courses across our BSc, MSc, MBA and Law programs with the ability to teach these courses according to both IFRS standards and German HGB
- Financial reporting research which allows the candidate to interact beyond her/his own field – preferably with Financial Management, Finance and Real Estate
- Practitioner-oriented knowledge transfer and dissemination of research-based insights including the ability to design and produce executive education
- Taking over roles in university governance
- PhD or an equivalent German doctorate with habilitation in Business Administration and/or Law with a special focus on Financial Accounting and Reporting Regulation
- Evidence of high-calibre research and a strong commitment to teaching excellence
- English fluency and willingness to develop a conversational level of proficiency in German
- Experience with accounting convergence issues given previous professional experience as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Methodological and analytical skills
We offer you an international, dynamic, interactive and team-oriented work environment and the opportunity to engage with both academic
colleagues and business stakeholders. Successful candidates will be invited to our business school campus in the Rheingau region –
also referred to colloquially as the Greater Frankfurt Area, Germany.
Please forward your cover letter, CV, samples of published research and/or working papers and relevant evidence of teaching excellence.
In addition, we ask you to provide brief position statements on your current research focus and your teaching concept. Where relevant
please relate both to the outline of our current BSc, MSc and MBA programs, and please do offer your individual perspective on future
ways of relating Accounting, Management Control and Taxation in teaching and research.
This advertisement remains open until the position is filled.
Please send your application documents electronically, stating the index number EBS 17-19-12 to:
EBS Universität für Wirtschaft und Recht
Gustav-Stresemann-Ring 3 | D-65189 Wiesbaden