Director Product Development Trauma
Winterthur, SwitzerlandYour role as Director Product Development:
This position is based is Winterthur, Switzerland and reports to the VP/GM Trauma in the US. The responsibility of this role reaches globally for the total trauma portfolio. The direct team responsibility for this role is 6 development engineers and 2 CAD specialists.
Ultimately the responsibility consists of leading the New Product Development and product maintenance of the Trauma product portfolio. This can be broken down in:
- leading the development group in Design Control Procedures and Project Phase requirements;
- leading large scale, significant strategic development projects;
- impacting the business through contribution of technical direction and strategic decisions and the responsibility for design and implementation of department budget.
As this role is based in Switzerland, relocation would be required if you are not living on driving distance of the manufacturing site in Winterthur. Travelling up to 30% is part of this role.
VITRU International Executive Recruitment is exclusively assisting Zimmer Biomet to recruit the best candidate for this crucial role.
Your responsibilities are:
- Leading product development and maintenance processes for the Trauma portfolio;
- Leading cross-functional project teams (including both internal and external team members such as orthopaedic surgeons);
- Delegating design responsibility to staff and other team members;
- Leading, developing, implementing and maintaining Harmonized Global Design Control Process using Core Team comprised of: Steering committee of VP's from Development, Quality, Research, and Regulatory Affairs, Core team of cross functional representatives from all Zimmer divisions, IT group or consultant to develop "smart" templates and electronic, globally accessible repository for all Design Control Documents;
- Utilizing knowledge of competition, Trauma market, and product potential to seek out and gain new business opportunities with innovative and cost-effective solutions;
People oriented and forward thinking with a "hands-on" mentality, that is what we are looking for in our new Director. In this role you will frequently travel, so you must have excellent communication skills in English; additional language skills are a desired plus, especially German. But if you really want to succeed in this role, we think you need the following:
- University degree in Mechanical Engineering, Biomechanical Engineering, Engineering Mechanics or other related engineering field;
- Additional Masters (MS or MBA) education is preferred;
- 8+ year's product development experience, preferably in Trauma. Product development in another orthopaedic product range can be considered;
- minimum of 4 years management experience;
- Must have a practical working knowledge of orthopaedics, anatomy and physiology, especially as related to the musculo-skeletal system, fundamentals of orthopaedic surgery (major joints), mechanical test and measurement techniques/methods, engineering drawing interpretation, manufacturing and inspection methods/processes, FDA/ISO requirements, project management, orthopaedic implants and the materials used in orthopaedic implants and instruments.
Zimmer Biomet offers you a challenging position with good career prospects in a fast-growing international company. They also offer a very competitive remuneration package.
About Zimmer Biomet:
Founded in 1927 and headquartered in Warsaw, Indiana, USA, Zimmer Biomet is a global leader in musculoskeletal healthcare. We design, manufacture and market orthopaedic reconstructive products; sports medicine, biologics, extremities and trauma products; spine, bone healing, craniomaxillofacial and thoracic products; dental implants; and related surgical products. We collaborate with healthcare professionals around the globe to advance the pace of innovation. Our products and solutions help treat patients suffering from disorders of, or injuries to, bones, joints or supporting soft tissues. Together with healthcare professionals, we help millions of people live better lives.
How to Apply:
If you are interested and you meet all the above requirements please send your English resume via the ‘Apply‘ button to VITRU, International Executive Recruitment. For more information about this position, please contact VITRU, International Executive Recruitment in Barcelona +34 627 523 628