Bitte beachten Sie: Diese Stellenanzeige ist nicht mehr aktiv
Wittenberg Center for Global Ethics (WCGE). Wittenberg, Berlin, 28.02.2017
The Wittenberg Center for Global Ethics (WCGE) hosts the Doctoral Program "Ethics and Responsible Leadership in Business" (ERL). For the intake in October 2017, the program will award up to six doctoral scholarships, four financed by the Karl Schlecht Foundation (KSG) and two financed by the Stiftung der Deutschen Wirtschaft (SDW).
The program is designed for exceptionally talented and motivated graduate students whose research interests relate to responsible leadership in a global business context. In addition to providing the students with subject-specific qualifications, the program aims to embed students research into a broader theoretical and socio-political framework. An essential component of the program is a dialog platform, which brings together the academic expertise of leading business ethics professors, the know-how of international corporations, and the perspectives of civil society actors. The program promotes research that is theoretically well-informed and, at the same time, offers feasible solutions for doing business responsibly on globalized markets.
Topical focus and study program
In the modern, global society, the responsibility of companies and their decision-makers is becoming more and more prevalent as a topic every day. However, corporations and their managers can only be expected to make a constructive contribution to this situation if they have the necessary leadership competences that enable them to build public trust and to maintain their corporate license to operate in the long term. The program accepts applications from students whose research proposals address problems of responsible business conduct either on the institutional, company or individual level. Proposals should emphasize the practical relevance of the research goal and make a contribution to the academic discourse, corporate practice and the public debate. In order to support the students with knowledge of specific concepts and methodologies, the successful candidates will participate in a comprehensive study and field project program. The program is located in Lutherstadt Wittenberg; living in cities within reach is a prerequisite for admission to the program so that participation in seminars and regular intellectual exchange amongst students, professors and WCGE staff is possible.
Admission and sponsoring
Admission to the doctoral program will only be possible if one of the following professors agrees to supervise the proposed research project:
- Prof. Dr. Ingo Pies, Chair of Economic Ethics, Martin-Luther-University Halle-Wittenberg
- Prof. Dr. Philipp Schreck, Friede-Springer-Endowed Chair of Business Ethics and Management Accounting, Martin-Luther-University Halle-Wittenberg
- Prof. Dr. Andreas Suchanek, Dr. Werner Jackstädt Chair of Economic and Business Ethics, HHL - Leipzig Graduate School of Management
- Prof. Dr. Josef Wieland, Chair of Institutional Economics, Leadership Excellence Institute, Zeppelin University Friedrichshafen
Applications should, in addition to the documents mentioned above, include:
- An exposé describing the research proposal (max. 15 pages), including an executive summary and the name of the favored supervisor
- A letter of motivation (max. 2 pages)
- Two letters of reference
- A university certificate which fulfills the conditions for obtaining a PhD at the university of the favored professor (incl. transcript of records)
- If applicable, certificates of employment and a publication list
- A CV
Please send your application per email, as one pdf file (max. 4MB), to:
Doctoral Program "Ethics and Responsible Leadership in Business"
Wittenberg Center for Global Ethics
06886 Lutherstadt Wittenberg, Germany
Tel. +49 / (0)3491 / 5079 117