Assistant / Associate / Full Professor in Architecture and Built Environment (m/f/d)
Assistant/Associate/Full Professor in Mathematics/Applied Mathematics/Statistics
14/05/2023 23:59, Beijing Time
The Department of Mathematical Sciences is now seeking exceptional scholars to join us as Assistant Professors / Associate Professors / Full Professors in Mathematics/Applied Mathematics/Statistics.
About the Department
The Department of Mathematical Sciences currently runs two degree programmes, which lead successful graduates to University of Nottingham degrees in BSc Honours Mathematics with Applied Mathematics and BSc Honours Statistics. Some of our students spend the last two years of education in Nottingham, UK, but most of them graduate in Ningbo, China. All our teaching is delivered in English, which is the academic working language of the university.
We seek to appoint articulate teachers, with international experience of teaching in English, as the successful candidates will be expected to lead and deliver lectures and seminars in Mathematics or Statistics.
We have a vacant assistant professor position for which the person appointed will be expected to devote a significant amount of time to cooperation with high schools. Such cooperation includes:
- providing high school teachers with training on teaching methodology,
- providing guidance/training to high school students for national and international student competitions,
- cooperation on summer activities and project-based learning and research activities,
- establishing closer ties with high schools and cultivating students with an international mindset and the ability to innovate,
- promoting the University more widely to the target students and supporting the recruitment of high-quality students from Gaokao.
We are also seeking mathematicians and statisticians whose expertise complements the existing research areas in the Department. However, positions are open to candidates with research interests in any field of Mathematics or Statistics with a convincing record of mathematical publications and a broad academic network.
Applicants for the rank of associate professor:
- will currently hold a senior lecturer/reader/associate professor rank or have at least five years of experience at lecturer/assistant professor rank.
Applicants for the rank of full professor:
- will be internationally renowned for their research with a strong record of highly regarded publications and attracting research grants.
- must have successfully supervised at least four PhD students to completion.
- will currently hold a professor rank or have at least five years of experience at reader/associate professor rank.
Your Remuneration, Benefits and Support
Successful candidates will be offered a fixed-term contract for up to 5 years, which may be extended by mutual agreement. We are committed to providing competitive employment packages while supporting the wellbeing of our staff to help them reach their full potential. We offer international highly competitive salary package and you will have a range of benefits and entitlements, including accommodation allowance, insurances, schooling support, home flight, relocation & repatriation support, and paid annual leave. You will be offered a wider range of Chinese talent schemes application opportunities based on the eligibility of application.
How to Apply
Applicants are invited to submit their applications via the application link here https://job.nottingham.edu.cn/psc/PRDHCM/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1&JobOpeningId=183069&PostingSeq=1 before 14 May 2023 which should include the following:
- a cover letter
- an up-to-date CV
- a publication list
- a statement of teaching philosophy giving evidence of teaching excellence
- a research statement indicating your planned research activities as part of our department
Informal enquiries may be addressed to Professor Behrouz Emamizadeh, Head of Department of Mathematical Sciences at email: Behrouz.Emamizadeh@nottingham.edu.cn. If you are unable to apply on-line please contact the Human Resources Office, Tel: 86 574 8818 0000 – 8998, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Review of Applications
The academic recruitment campaign will initially run from mid-March 2023 to mid-May 2023. Review of applications is ongoing and shortlisted applicants will be invited for recruitment interviews.