Announcement of an open position at the Faculty of Informatics at TU Wien for an
Assistant Professor with Tenure Track of Learning Technologies and eDidactics
The Faculty of Informatics at TU Wien
invites applications for a full time Assistant Professor position with tenure track. The Faculty of
Informatics seeks to expand its competence in Learning Technologies and eDidactics. The position is affiliated to the Institute of Information Systems Engineering.
The estimated starting date is October, 2023
. The work contract is initially limited to six years. The candidate and TU Wien can agree upon a tenure
evaluation, which when positive, opens the possibility to change the position to Associate Professor with an unlimited contract.
The successful candidate will have an outstanding research and teaching record in the field of Learning Technologies and eDidactics, which deals with digital education and learning.
This includes novel ways of designing, developing, applying and evaluating digital teaching and learning systems and approaches for all educational levels (from pre-school to university level).
We are particularly interested in candidates working in areas that will complement our existing expertise and lead to collaborations with other members of the Faculty of Informatics and TU
Wien in general. The candidate will play an important leading role in the faculty’s outreach program to schools focusing on informatics education and computational thinking.
The research areas of the candidate should cover some of the following topics but are not limited to them:
- Digital education and learning
- Technology-supported research-based teaching and learning
- Innovative digitalization of education including, among others, distance education and distance assessment, MOOC development and integration of MOOCs in education and academic teaching, e-learning platforms, inclusive and adaptive technologies, current and future technologies for education (mixed reality, artificial intelligence, …), hybrid/blended learning
- Innovative practices with learning and supporting technologies
- E-learning didactics, learner centered didactics, personalization
- Empirical education research
- Gender, diversity and ethical issues in digital education
- Learning analytics
Besides research, the duties of an Assistant Professor at TU Wien include graduate and undergraduate teaching (in English and German) as well as contributing to usual management and faculty service tasks.
Detailed information can be found at: https://informatics.tuwien.ac.at/news/2367
Applications should be addressed to: https://jobs.tuwien.ac.at/Job/203702
Application deadline: April 27, 2023