Lund University, Sweden, was founded in 1666 and is regularly ranked as one of the world’s top 100 higher education institutions. The University has 41 000 students and 7 500 employees. Lund is consistently ranked as one of the best places in Sweden to live. It is located in the southern part of Sweden, just 35 minutes by train from the Danish Copenhagen international airport.
The Computer Science department at Lund University invites applications for a newly created faculty position as Senior Lecturer (Associate Professor) in Software Technology.
The position is supported by the Wallenberg Autonomous Systems Program (WASP), a 10 year research program funded by a 1,300 MSEK donation by the Knut and Alice Wallenberg Foundation, and with additional 500 MSEK funding provided by industry and participating universities. The program supports a number of strongly financed positions in Sweden.
The position includes a generous starting grant of roughly 25 MSEK, i.e., comparable to an ERC starting grant. The grant is adequate to finance a research group core consisting of four PhD/postdoc students over a period of 4 years.
We are looking for candidates with an excellent research record, demonstrated through a clear and innovative research vision along with research results, including software, and publications in conferences and journals of top quality. Special attention will be paid to industry collaboration and the long term development potential of the candidate.
The targeted field includes design principles, techniques and tools for agile development of large-scale software systems, with key characteristics such as usability, security, and robustness. Important application areas include connected, distributed, smart systems for industry and society.
The applicant is expected to do research and teaching at the department of computer science. We are looking for candidates who are internationally renowned and upcoming leaders that can interact with the current research at the department, and with industry. The applicant is expected to contribute to the development of the department at all levels, and to supervise within the subject field. The applicant is also expected to apply for external research funding, and to, in time, contribute to the leadership of the department.
- Lund and Lund University: http://www.lunduniversity.lu.se/about/work-at-lund-university/why-work-at-lund-university
- The Computer Science department: http://cs.lth.se/english
- The WASP program: http://wasp-sweden.org
- Apply here: https://lu.mynetworkglobal.com/en/what:job/jobID:105412/where:4/
- A PhD degree in Computer Science or a closely related subject.
- Proven record of conducting experimental applied research within the area of software technology, combining scientific excellence with the construction of software of public relevance.
- Clear indication of long term potential to plan and lead research of high international standard.
- Very good oral and written proficiency in English.
Department of Computer Science
Professor Görel Hedin