Bitte beachten Sie: Diese Stellenanzeige ist nicht mehr aktiv
Max Planck Unit for the Science of Pathogens. Berlin, 16.04.2018
Project Leader (m/f)
The Max Planck Unit for the Science of Pathogens headed by its director Prof. Emmanuelle Charpentier is seeking a full time Project Leader with excellent skills and knowledge in the application of CRISPR systems for gene editing and genome engineering.
(CRISPR Genome Engineering and Applications in Infection Biology)
The Max Planck Unit for the Science of Pathogens is an international research institute currently being established, whose research focuses on basic biological principles in bacterial pathogens (https://www.emmanuelle-charpentier-lab.org). We are particular interested in genetic and biochemical mechanisms of regulation by RNAs and proteins in bacterial pathogens causing diseases in humans, and in viruses of these pathogens. The overall aims of the Unit`s research are to gain a better understanding of the molecular and cellular mechanisms that control and regulate bacterial infectious processes. In this context, we aim to explore CRISPR-based approaches applied to engineer human host models of infection.
Within our research topics (CRISPR Biology, https://www.emmanuelle-charpentier-lab.org/research/cluster-a-crispr-cas-rna-mediated-adaptive-immunitiv/), we are seeking a highly motivated and talented Project Leader in Berlin to join an international and collaborative team in an outstanding and competitive scientific environment. We are seeking highly qualified scientists with an excellent research track record and previous post-doctoral research experience, committed to a career in basic research. The successful candidate is expected to set up and maintain the scientific and technical expertise of the research topic for the Unit, pursue research at the highest standards, oversee the work of younger scientists (PhD, master and undergraduate students), and contribute actively to collaborative and complementary research across the Unit. This position provides all necessary resources to allow the successful candidate to develop her/his career to a senior researcher level.
Your qualification should include:
- PhD in Biochemistry, Genetics, Immunology, Microbiology and/or Molecular Biology
- A proven track record in the field of genome engineering with CRISPR and/or infection biology (host-pathogen interaction) is considered an advantage
- A proven record of successful publications in highly respected international scientific journals
- A successful post-doctoral experience
- Fluent in English language
- Experience working abroad is considered as an advantage
- Friendly disposition, confident and responsible work ethics
- Working independently and as part of an international team
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic to work in a competitive, dynamic, stimulating and interacting international scientific environment focusing on basic biological research
Applications will be accepted exclusively via our online application portal. If you are interested, please follow the link https://recruitingapp-5133.de.umantis.com/Vacancies/365/Application/New/2?lang=eng and upload your full application in English by May 31st, 2018:
Max Planck Unit for the Science of Pathogens
Department of Human Resources