Bitte beachten Sie: Diese Stellenanzeige ist nicht mehr aktiv
ESMT European School of Management and Technology GmbH. Berlin, 05.12.2017
ESMT Berlin was founded by 25 leading global companies and institutions. The international business school offers a full-time MBA, an executive MBA, a master’s in management, as well as open enrollment and customized executive education programs. ESMT focuses on three main topics: leadership and social responsibility, European competitiveness, and the management of technology. ESMT faculty publishes in top academic journals. Additionally, the business school provides an interdisciplinary platform for discourse between politics, business, and academia
For a research project, funded by the Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG), we are looking for a
Research Assistant (PhD position)
The research assistant will be supervised by Prof. Francis de Véricourt and will ideally write the
PhD dissertation in operations research or a closely related field, aspiring prospective joint publications.
(m/f, part-time with 65 %, max. 3 years)
As Research assistant you will
- work on a research program, which lies at the interface between operations research and economics (such as agency problems - moral hazard, information asymmetry, etc. - in operations systems)
- review literature, formulate and solve mathematical models and write research papers
- potentially collaborate with universities in the United States and France
- hold a diploma/master degree in operations research, economics or a related quantitative field
- are currently a PhD student in management science / operations research or economics
- have very strong modeling and analytical skills such as
- optimization, dynamic programming, dynamic mechanism design, etc.
- have experience in LaTeX and programming (e.g. MATLAB, Python or Java, etc.)
- are motivated to work in an international academic environment
- are completely fluent in English
We offer one of the most international working environments in a historic building in the heart of Berlin where you will work closely with Prof. Francis de Véricourt (Professor of Management Science). As a member of our team, you find an open-minded, collegial, inspiring, and goal-oriented atmosphere. At ESMT, communication channels are short and hierarchies are flat.
We are looking forward to receiving your application via e-mail (Subject: RA FdV) including:
- motivation letter including your salary expectation and possible start date
- relevant certificates and references
- work permit for non-EU citizens
Human Resources Manager
Tel: 030 21231 0
ESMT European School of Management and Technology GmbH
Airbus Group, Allianz SE, Axel Springer SE, Bayer AG, Bayerische Motoren Werke AG, Bundesverband der Deutschen Industrie e.V., Bundesvereinigung der Deutschen Arbeitgeberverbände e.V., Daimler AG, Deutsche Bank AG, Deutsche Lufthansa AG, Deutsche Post AG, Deutsche Telekom AG, E.ON SE, GAZPROM Germania GmbH, HypoVereinsbank - UniCredit Bank AG, innogy SE, KPMG AG Wirtschaftsprüfungsgesellschaft, MAN SE, McKinsey & Company, Inc., Münchener Rückversicherungs-Gesellschaft AG, Robert Bosch GmbH, SAP SE, Siemens AG, The Boston Consulting Group, thyssenkrupp AG.