Bitte beachten Sie: Diese Stellenanzeige ist nicht mehr aktiv
Zuse Institute Berlin (ZIB). Berlin, 08.11.2017
Research position (f/m)
in the department "Visual Data Analysis". The position is offered at the earliest possible date and will be a fixed-term contract for 2 years with the option to be extended, provided that external funding is continued.
(subject to allocation of funds)
Kennziffer: WA 32/17
Pay grade E 13 TV-L Berlin (80%)
Goal of the research project "Multiscale Virtual Fish" is to increase the insight into the functioning of the zebrafish nervous system by integrating measured and simulated data within a virtual environment and by performing visually supported analyses.
Primary tasks include:
- Integrated 3D / 4D visualization of different types of anatomical (3D images, geometry) and functional (activity time series) neuroscience data, obtained with different imaging modalities and at multiple scales in a common reference frame (atlas)
- Multi-scale neural network modeling, analysis and visualization
- Development of a web-based and/or desktop software solution to be used on a daily basis by neuroscientists
We expect creativity and a high degree of commitment in solving problems. We offer a friendly working atmosphere, excellent equipment and a challenging professional environment. We offer scientists in all career stages opportunities for further qualification and support and expect research on top level with international visibility. Non-PhD candidates are strongly encouraged to pursue a doctoral degree in conjunction with this work.
- University degree in computer science, mathematics or physics
- Experience in several of the following areas is essential: 3D / 4D visualization, image analysis, image registration, signal processing, geometry processing, 3D anatomical atlases, shape analysis, numerical modeling and simulation
- Applicants are expected to be highly motivated, self-reliant, and able to collaborate and work with top-level scientists in neurobiology
- Good command of written and spoken English is essential.
Persons with disabilities will be given preference, when equally qualified.
Please send your application, quoting the reference code WA 32/17 including CV in tabular form and all relevant documents by November 30st, 2017 to
Zuse Institute Berlin (ZIB)
– Administration –
Takustr. 7 | 14195 Berlin
or electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date for applications is November 30st, 2017.
Further information about the position can be obtained from Hans-Christian Hege (E-Mail: email@example.com)